By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon Fire TV announced -game, movie streaming hardware

pezus said:
VitroBahllee said:
Thousands of games available next month from devs like Ubisoft, Double Fine, Take Two.

Android games then?

Or streaming "real" games. Since Amazon is huge if it comes to servers I would say it is possible that they can just say "others talked about it and we simply release it, here is our game streaming service". Would be fun.

Edit: after reading about it on Amazon I doubt it will be more than some smaller games made only for it in the next months.

Around the Network

I'll buy it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BlkPaladin said:
rolltide101x said:
pezus said:

"The Fire TV features 2 GB of RAM and a dedicated GPU, which Amazon said is the kind "usually found in smartphones." The device's UI includes sections for movies, television, apps and photos in addition to games."

So, basically an Ouya?

I will probably end up buying this if it is well priced and gets some interesting games/features. Ouya did none of those things besides being priced decently

Well it is out today and cost $99, so the same as a Ouya. Though this is more of a stab at AppleTV, which isn't saying much.

40$ for the game controller that looks cheap? Yeah I will pass.... Game controller IS NOT in the box

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DU0ZI8Q

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX5P8FC/ref=amb_link_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=1Q9NHH1PMVGXHA0RV8EN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1770051702&pf_rd_i=507846#TV

VitroBahllee said:
celador said:
VitroBahllee said:

They JUST started talking about gaming. if this does streaming games, it is going to cause a lot of heartache for some.

Why?  It's not going to be streaming the newest Uncharted, Halo or Mario Kart after all

They have relationships with tons of third parties already (Ubisoft, Take-Two) so it will at least stream in highest-level top-end PC graphics most 3rd party games, if it does indeed stream.

Don't know much about this stuff, but if they are streaming high-level PC graphics wouldn't that require the consumer to have a really good internet connection?  If so, that could restrict it's appeal.

Around the Network

Did you see the commercial for the thing. It comes up when you load it from one of links above. He didn't age well, but I guess that is why he is usually type cast as a psychopath.

If Amazon secures some great exclusives for this box then I'm all in. If it's just repurposed Android and iOS games, and streaming services, I'll pass. I already own several devices that can do/play those things.

Hmm no streaming game service yet.. That would have been their killer app.. Think it will come in a year

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I have an HTPC with XBMC installed so devices like this are always useless to me. I have a WDTV live in my bedroom which is enough because I use it to watch TV before bed or in the morning as soon as I wake up. don't need the fancy interface.

BlkPaladin said:
Did you see the commercial for the thing. It comes up when you load it from one of links above. He didn't age well, but I guess that is why he is usually type cast as a psychopath.

Let's see how you look when you're 70.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!