By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

jlmurph2 said:

Lol you completely disregarded my post.

I understand it must be frustrating that an exclusive on an almost 7 million install base couldn't outsell a multiplat on a 4 million install base. Attach rates man.

Frustrating? Looking at the front page sales I certainly have no reason to be, again MS needed TF to move consoles until fall, and have a way bigger impact then it did, all sony needed was supply. If anyone is frustrated it's you.

Around the Network

highly anticipated FPS vs highly anticipated action game. Hmmmm who will win? FPS for sure.

jlmurph2 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

kinda surprised an xbox fan is using the argument of sales being concentrated on fewer games.

No xbox fans could accept that when I said that about 360... but put it into context of a PS4 and all of a sudden it stats making sense. lol what a joke.

Lets not forget titanfall was hyped up as the "COD killer" and "game of the generation" so infamous did really well.

I love that people are using the "inFamous did really well" excuse now that it was outsold. I thought the reason that Titanfall X1 woulndn't sell as much was because its also on PC and Xbox 360. While true that sales would have drastically grown if it wasn't on those platforms it is on them. While inFamous is a TRUE exclusive that couldn't outsell a multiplat on ONE platform.

How is it an excuse? Has it not done really well? Has it not easily more than doubled the launches of both prior Infamous games? Seriously this whole fingerpointing and going "haha you made a wrong prediction" you're doing in this thread is getting tedious.

Also using excuses used by a couple people and acting as if they were generally agreed upon opinions is silly, the crushing majority on this forum knew the game would do extremely well on X1, cause it's not just "a multiplat". That's one of the things I've seen at least a couple people do now that Titanfall outsold Infamous' first week, downplay Titanfall just so they can act as if it's a bad sign that Infamous sold worse.

Titanfall is not a random new IP that is also multiplat to boot, since last june Titanfall was hailed as the game of 2014, the game that really starts next gen, the game that won the most awards, the game to get a X1 for (cause it definitely was marketed as a X1 exclusive), the revolution of FPS etc. So of course this game was going to have a high attach rate and of course it was going to have a massive first week (for what it's worth I was surprised that it's second week drop was so entirely average I was actually expecting a slightly better hold, but that's not for here), whoever thought it wasn't was clearly kidding themselves.

So it is not embarrassing at all for Infamous to not quite reach Titanfalls first week sales especially since for all the data we have for the game (which admittedly are mostly the very misleading Amazon charts of different countries) it seems to be that Infamous is still doing very well.

And so what some people predicted wrong, big deal, I even saw a very prominent Xbox fan from this site predict a million first week for Infamous, so geez let it go everyone can make mistakes. Just for the record I too believe(d) that in short term (say the next 3-4 months) Infamous could outsell Titanfall (X1), though that prediction got seriously screwed by the reveal of the Titanfall bundle.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

kinda surprised an xbox fan is using the argument of sales being concentrated on fewer games.

No xbox fans could accept that when I said that about 360... but put it into context of a PS4 and all of a sudden it stats making sense. lol what a joke.

Lets not forget titanfall was hyped up as the "COD killer" and "game of the generation" so infamous did really well.

I love that people are using the "inFamous did really well" excuse now that it was outsold. I thought the reason that Titanfall X1 woulndn't sell as much was because its also on PC and Xbox 360. While true that sales would have drastically grown if it wasn't on those platforms it is on them. While inFamous is a TRUE exclusive that couldn't outsell a multiplat on ONE platform.

How is it an excuse? Has it not done really well? Has it not easily more than doubled the launches of both prior Infamous games? Seriously this whole fingerpointing and going "haha you made a wrong prediction" you're doing in this thread is getting tedious.

Also using excuses used by a couple people and acting as if they were generally agreed upon opinions is silly, the crushing majority on this forum knew the game would do extremely well on X1, cause it's not just "a multiplat". That's one of the things I've seen at least a couple people do now that Titanfall outsold Infamous' first week, downplay Titanfall just so they can act as if it's a bad sign that Infamous sold worse.

Titanfall is not a random new IP that is also multiplat to boot, since last june Titanfall was hailed as the game of 2014, the game that really starts next gen, the game that won the most awards, the game to get a X1 for (cause it definitely was marketed as a X1 exclusive), the revolution of FPS etc. So of course this game was going to have a high attach rate and of course it was going to have a massive first week (for what it's worth I was surprised that it's second week drop was so entirely average I was actually expecting a slightly better hold, but that's not for here), whoever thought it wasn't was clearly kidding themselves.

So it is not embarrassing at all for Infamous to not quite reach Titanfalls first week sales especially since for all the data we have for the game (which admittedly are mostly the very misleading Amazon charts of different countries) it seems to be that Infamous is still doing very well.

And so what some people predicted wrong, big deal, I even saw a very prominent Xbox fan from this site predict a million first week for Infamous, so geez let it go everyone can make mistakes. Just for the record I too believe(d) that in short term (say the next 3-4 months) Infamous could outsell Titanfall (X1), though that prediction got seriously screwed by the reveal of the Titanfall bundle.

Stating facts is an excuse now didn't you know??? Good post man bravo.

InFamous SS looks great. Looking forward to it when I get my PS4. And so far, it's going to be the first game I purchase for it. :)

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
EB1994 said:
VitroBahllee said:

No I'm not. That's rude to say. People were saying it would significantly outsell Titanfall. Which isn't that weird of a prediction, considering the bigger install base of PS4 and lack of a lot of retail-sized games.

Completely disregards my first sentence.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but yes I'm not bothering with it. I'm too busy. Please understand.

I use this response too. When I throw out accusations and generalizations with no proof and then get called out i generally put my tail between my legs and ignore it.

Edit: This post moderated by Starcraft

steverhcp02 said:
VitroBahllee said:
EB1994 said:
VitroBahllee said:

No I'm not. That's rude to say. People were saying it would significantly outsell Titanfall. Which isn't that weird of a prediction, considering the bigger install base of PS4 and lack of a lot of retail-sized games.

Completely disregards my first sentence.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but yes I'm not bothering with it. I'm too busy. Please understand.

I use this response too. When I throw out accusations and generalizations with no proof and then get called out i generally put my tail between my legs while simaltaneously putting my head in the sand and pretend im getting a blowy from scarlet johansen. Works like a charm.

Haha you're so funny but yeah other people have posted the links so why are you ignoring that? You just like being crass. Reporting.

DerNebel said:

Really all over the place? All over the place people were saying that Infamous would crush Titanfall? I think you've been on another forum than me, cause this certainly didn't happen here.

Also wow a game on a 4 million install base has a higher adoption rate than a game on a 80 million install base, thus it's a bigger launch? That has to be one of the bigger spins I've heard.

Considering that not only are Infamous' numbers two days, none of Infamous' sales are pack in. 

Also, it's been one week and Titanfall has dropped to 200,000 with 100,000+ console sales.  How many of those do you think are from the Titanfall bundle?  Atleast 50,000.  Wait until week two for Infamous, sorry, I mean, wait until days three through nine, to see how Infamous fares before stepping on that first place pedestal as quick as you are.

Titanfall sells 900,000 in five days.  180,000 per day.

Infamous sells 700,000 in two days.  350,000 per day.

So yeah.  Infamous is crushing Titanfall in sales.  Spin that.

At the end of the day, while Titanfall did better at launch, I don't think it matters much. Last I checked, the PS4 is still steamrolling the X1 and I doubt MS will be able to keep it above 100k next week. It's going to be a very short lived victory and we've seen before, 1 game does not change the tide (well in this case, it was 1 game + a ton of agressive price cuts + bundling that game for free as well, I don't think even Nintendo ever got that desperate).

InFamous sold incredibly well for what it is, especially compared to previous entries in the series. There's no spinning that, and I full believe that it'll outsell the X1 version of Titanfall, lifetime. 

wary-wallaroo said:

At the end of the day, while Titanfall did better at launch, I don't think it matters much. Last I checked, the PS4 is still steamrolling the X1 and I doubt MS will be able to keep it above 100k next week. It's going to be a very short lived victory and we've seen before, 1 game does not change the tide (well in this case, it was 1 game + a ton of agressive price cuts + bundling that game for free as well, I don't think even Nintendo ever got that desperate).

InFamous sold incredibly well for what it is, especially compared to previous entries in the series. There's no spinning that, and I full believe that it'll outsell the X1 version of Titanfall, lifetime. 

So in other words you were wrong about which was going to sell more and instead of taking it on the chin like a man and moving on we move the goal post to hardware sales.