By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

MB1025 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

At the end of the day, while Titanfall did better at launch, I don't think it matters much. Last I checked, the PS4 is still steamrolling the X1 and I doubt MS will be able to keep it above 100k next week. It's going to be a very short lived victory and we've seen before, 1 game does not change the tide (well in this case, it was 1 game + a ton of agressive price cuts + bundling that game for free as well, I don't think even Nintendo ever got that desperate).

InFamous sold incredibly well for what it is, especially compared to previous entries in the series. There's no spinning that, and I full believe that it'll outsell the X1 version of Titanfall, lifetime. 

So in other words you were wrong about which was going to sell more and instead of taking it on the chin like a man and moving on we move the goal post to hardware sales.

LOL.

And I would hope Infamous 3 would outsell Titanfall lifetime. After all in a couple years TF2 will be out and it will kill TF sales. Will there even be an Infamous 4? Who knows.

Around the Network

I bought 1 copy of Infamous and 0 copies of TitanFall. Oh shit.

MB1025 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

At the end of the day, while Titanfall did better at launch, I don't think it matters much. Last I checked, the PS4 is still steamrolling the X1 and I doubt MS will be able to keep it above 100k next week. It's going to be a very short lived victory and we've seen before, 1 game does not change the tide (well in this case, it was 1 game + a ton of agressive price cuts + bundling that game for free as well, I don't think even Nintendo ever got that desperate).

InFamous sold incredibly well for what it is, especially compared to previous entries in the series. There's no spinning that, and I full believe that it'll outsell the X1 version of Titanfall, lifetime. 

So in other words you were wrong about which was going to sell more and instead of taking it on the chin like a man and moving on we move the goal post to hardware sales.

Absolutely not, as I said "Titanfall did better at launch", my original thought was that WW, inFamous would have bigger launch numbers, I was clearly wrong (or am I supposed to something specific when I'm wrong?) on that. I'm simply changing my prediction. Or are we not allowed to do that? I am moving on, launch sales is Titanfall > Infamous. There's not much to debate there anymore. 

J_Allard said:
MB1025 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

LOL.

And I would hope Infamous 3 would outsell Titanfall lifetime. After all in a couple years TF2 will be out and it will kill TF sales. Will there even be an Infamous 4? Who knows.

I'd certainly love infamous 4, but I'd also like Sucker Pucnch to do a new IP. Either way I'd be happy. And yea, obviously the games won't be selling at any significant level in two years, especially Titanfall since, as you said, Titanfall 2 will be out, and probably on PS4 too. 

darkshadow23 said:
I bought 1 copy of Infamous and 0 copies of TitanFall. Oh shit.

So what's your point? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

People need to quit crying about sales and play what they like. It's alright to look at the sales of the game and try and understand why this is selling more than this, but everyone on this forum takes things too seriously.

Around the Network
darkshadow23 said:

People need to quit crying about sales and play what they like. It's alright to look at the sales of the game and try and understand why this is selling more than this, but everyone on this forum takes things too seriously.

To be fair, it's a site entirely dedicated to sales. I would expect some big sales fans on here.

wary-wallaroo said:
darkshadow23 said:

To be fair, it's a site entirely dedicated to sales. I would expect some big sales fans on here.

True but this thread hasn't accomplished anything at all. Everyone is just arguing for their prefered console.

How can you say a game that has been out for 2 days had lower opening numbers than another game that has been out for 5 days? Both are quality games and should both get good sales. But I'm pretty sure more days in stores means it's going to sell more. Right?

So looking at the title of the thread "Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers" all I have to say is, no shit. What's the point of this thread?

MB1025 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Tons of people from all fanbases are "moving the goalpost" in this thread. Get over it.

Please lock this thread... no longer humorous, just really really sad...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

PDF said:
Infamous will never have as wide of appeal compared to FPS. I am not sure who predicted that Second Son would crush Titanfall. I don't remember seeing post like that. I always thought it might be close due to the PS4 larger install base.

There was lots of people predicitng that. Here are some threads with predictions: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177325&page=

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178390

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175902

NNID: FrequentFlyer54