By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

kinda surprised an xbox fan is using the argument of sales being concentrated on fewer games.

No xbox fans could accept that when I said that about 360... but put it into context of a PS4 and all of a sudden it stats making sense. lol what a joke.

Lets not forget titanfall was hyped up as the "COD killer" and "game of the generation" so infamous did really well.

I love that people are using the "inFamous did really well" excuse now that it was outsold. I thought the reason that Titanfall X1 woulndn't sell as much was because its also on PC and Xbox 360. While true that sales would have drastically grown if it wasn't on those platforms it is on them. While inFamous is a TRUE exclusive that couldn't outsell a multiplat on ONE platform.

Titanfall was given away for free and the system had a price cut and it didn't outsell Infamous by much. If infamous was bundled free with a ps4 this thread doesn;'t exist. Not bad considering how hyped Titanfall was.

And you're using that same excuse. Even if Titanfall was given away with EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM SOLD during Titanfall week (And disregarded those copies from the total) it would still be ahead of inFamous. But know that it wasn't with EVERY system.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

kinda surprised an xbox fan is using the argument of sales being concentrated on fewer games.

No xbox fans could accept that when I said that about 360... but put it into context of a PS4 and all of a sudden it stats making sense. lol what a joke.

Lets not forget titanfall was hyped up as the "COD killer" and "game of the generation" so infamous did really well.

I love that people are using the "inFamous did really well" excuse now that it was outsold. I thought the reason that Titanfall X1 woulndn't sell as much was because its also on PC and Xbox 360. While true that sales would have drastically grown if it wasn't on those platforms it is on them. While inFamous is a TRUE exclusive that couldn't outsell a multiplat on ONE platform.

Titanfall was given away for free and the system had a price cut and it didn't outsell Infamous by much. If infamous was bundled free with a ps4 this thread doesn;'t exist. Not bad considering how hyped Titanfall was.

And you're using that same excuse. Even if Titanfall was given away with EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM SOLD during Titanfall week it would still be ahead of inFamous. But know that it wasn't with EVERY system.

It's the truth, you are telling me giving it away with the system and a 50$ system price cut made no difference in sales??? The GOTG barely outsold Infamous, with all that gotg  for it, not impressive at all.

FlamingWeazel said:

It's the truth, you are telling me giving it away with the system and a 50$ system price cut made no difference in sales??? The GOTG barely outsold Infamous, with all that gotg  for it, not impressive at all.

Lol you completely disregarded my post.

I understand it must be frustrating that an exclusive on an almost 7 million install base couldn't outsell a multiplat on a 4 million install base. Attach rates man.

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

jlmurph2 said:

And you're using that same excuse. Even if Titanfall was given away with EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM SOLD during Titanfall week it would still be ahead of inFamous. But know that it wasn't with EVERY system.

REALLY....?  Who'd a think otherwise?

LivingMetal said:
jlmurph2 said:

Sorry, it's meant to read as if you put a Titanfall with every system and don't count it for Titanfall week. 

Just bad wording.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
LivingMetal said:
jlmurph2 said:

Sorry, it's meant to read as if you put a Titanfall with every system and don't count it for Titanfall week. 

Just bad wording.

...what...?

About OP being seem as anti-sony I can't imagine why people would have that opinion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Well they both have sold and seem to be selling very well so I guess it is all good...except for the people who are more worried about the console wars and d**k measuring contests like what seems to be going on in this thread...but hey whatever to each his or her own.

Anyway great sales for TF they are well deserved for such a fun game. And Great sales for Infamous as well which is also a great game!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

VitroBahllee said:
EB1994 said:

Completely disregards my first sentence.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but yes I'm not bothering with it. I'm too busy. Please understand.

or your claim is just full of shit and you can't link the posts. why? because they dont exist. 

User was banned for this post - Conegamer

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! But seriously, I do not think nobody with a little common sense thought Infamous would outsell Titanfall, they were minority, not "a lot". And personally I thought Titanfall would sell a lot more and infamous a lot less than they did.