By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Realistically, how well would a globally availible xbox one be selling?

It takes extra resources to get up and going in all those extra countries + to maintain them, resources that ATM would end with better sales if focused on the US and the UK rather than spreading those resources out to even more countries.

I think if they thought it would end with overall better sales, they would've already gotten to it. They'll get to it when all things are balanced and the time is right.

Around the Network

Ya thats what I have been saying whenever someone uses that argument, Xbox One is available in countries that make up roughly 85% of 360 sales so releasing in extra countries will likely not increase Xbox One sales by any significant margin.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Max King of the Wild said:
The fact that it will be about a year till those countries get it officially that alone makes using. 360 numbers faulty unless you are trying to relay what the sales COULD have looked like and not what they WILL look like. Every week the XB1 sells out of those countries means that when it officially releases the XB1 needs to sell more than the same % as the 360 to have the same % in the end....

Basically... those countries it hasnt launched in yet will make up less % than the 360 did by default. It gets worse when the XB1 doesnt have a head start or price advantage which will hurt its sales.

Yes he means what sales would most likely be if Xbox One was currently available in all countries that 360 is released in. Since Xbox One is available in countries that make up roughly 85% of 360 lifetime sales its not likely that they will make much difference in weekly/yearly/lifetime numbers for Xbox One.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

10-15k/week more in dead periods
20-25k/week more in normal periods
40-100k/week more in BF/Xmas season

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It will sell more better since it would be more widely available, its my understanding the kinect has been the hold up because of different languages and dialog they are trying to get right with it. Which will be interesting since it doesnt work all that great with english.

The kinect is a burden on MS/consumer.

Around the Network

About 5% extra sales maybe 10% when new software drops.

unofficially the XB1 has released in more than these 13 markets

For example here in switzerland you can get the XB1 in stores even though it hasn't officially been released here yet. The stores just import them from germany or wherever themselfs.

It's actually harder to find a ps4 (which has officially released here) than an XB1, i have yet to see a ps4 in the wild...