By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Realistically, how well would a globally availible xbox one be selling?

FlamingWeazel said:
gergroy said:

I think it will be interesting to see how strong console sales are in china if they can ever get them in there. strong enconomy+huge population you would think they would be crazy successful...

It's not that simple, consoles won;t do crap in china for a very long time. Regulations, different market, etc....

that is why I said it would be interesting.  It's a big market that has a lot of potential, but it hasn't been built up at all yet.  

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:

All I really needed to know, thanks. The rest is you just replying to speculation with more speculation.

Many use the 13 versus 52 countries excuse on this forum and everywhere, how is that speculation?  Something you don't want to hear is not speculation.

Let me rephrase it again (this is about the fourth or fifth time I explain it to the diehards):

The Metro group (Mediamarkt, Saturn. etc) operates over 1000 stores all over mainland Europe. They have been selling XBox Ones for MONTHS now all over Europe, including most of those "September tier 2 countries" (and very likely more countries not even on that list). It is completely irrelevant whether MS announces the sale starting in September, since the XBox One IS ALREADY SELLING there (and in countries like Iceland which aren't even on the tier 2 list)....

I'm sure there are other chains that do the same all over Europe by importing. Currently in Switzerland, you can buy imported X1 for SFr 569 and imported PS4s for SFr 579 - which gives you an idea of current street prices, since no PS4s were delivered since around Feb 5th). The Metro group does not import, of course, they buy wholesale directly from manufacturers and distribute Europe-wide if need be.

I'm sure MS will be doing "Special First Day Sales" in those tier 2 countries, raising the average selling numbers by 10% for two full days. Essentially it will be marketing money thrown into the pit because, (sigh), once again, the consoles are already being sold.

drkohler said:
FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:

All I really needed to know, thanks. The rest is you just replying to speculation with more speculation.

Many use the 13 versus 52 countries excuse on this forum and everywhere, how is that speculation?  Something you don't want to hear is not speculation.

Let me rephrase it again (this is about the fourth or fifth time I explain it to the diehards):

The Metro group (Mediamarkt, Saturn. etc) operates over 1000 stores all over mainland Europe. They have been selling XBox Ones for MONTHS now all over Europe, including most of those "September tier 2 countries" (and very likely more countries not even on that list). It is completely irrelevant whether MS announces the sale starting in September, since the XBox One IS ALREADY SELLING there (and in countries like Iceland which aren't even on the tier 2 list)....

I'm sure there are other chains that do the same all over Europe by importing. Currently in Switzerland, you can buy imported X1 for SFr 569 and imported PS4s for SFr 579 - which gives you an idea of current street prices, since no PS4s were delivered since around Feb 5th). The Metro group does not import, of course, they buy wholesale directly from manufacturers and distribute Europe-wide if need be.

I'm sure MS will be doing "Special First Day Sales" in those tier 2 countries, raising the average selling numbers by 10% for two full days. Essentially it will be marketing money thrown into the pit because, (sigh), once again, the consoles are already being sold.

Notihng you posted has anything tro do with what I posted, nor changes the fact the x1 won't see much from these territories.

kitler53 said:
J_Allard said:
Who here has said Xbox One would outsell the PS4 if it were launching in the same territories?

without actually searching it (which i can't because i'm off to houston in about 10 minutes) probably toastboy or whomever.  but whatever, i've seen it argued both ways.  there was, however, a particular thread on friday that made me interested in doing this analysis over the weekend.  i don't have it immediately availible but maybe someone else knows which one i'm talking about.

"

We will be getting £20 games for free. Every month. Like I said, wait for the end of year. I expect on E3 exclusives and MS momentum to be outselling PS4 WW by years end. Hell MS are making First party Japanese games. They have never done that. Lost Odyssey was 2nd party.

Its opinion. But a lopsided one with over 40 more countries currently to Ps4 totals."

Actually Selnor said this today, I don't agree with it but just posted it because I saw J_Allard asking for someone who said it. Not getting on him because I actually like Selnor...sure he goes a little over board at times....but is a good dude and a good poster for the XB side! .

On Topic:

This seems pretty legit, good thread and very nice info. I do think when the XB1 releases in more places that the sales will increase just not to the levels it seems some are expecting when using the 13vs50 reasoning. Besides it is selling very well so it doesn't matter anyway.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

FlamingWeazel said:
drkohler said:
FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:

Notihng you posted has anything tro do with what I posted, nor changes the fact the x1 won't see much from these territories.

Isn't that exactly what he's saying?

Anyway, I can confirm that it's the same picture in Norway. The major electronics retailers are advertising Xbox one as available now, at the same price as PS4 - which can only be pre-ordered. I'm pretty sure that it's still being outsold though, and the september "launch" will change nothing.

Around the Network

You are probably overestimating it a bit. It's 13 countries and while US, UK, Germany and France are the bigger ones, the other 9 countries probably are some of the top selling in the rest of the world, so the remaining ones will account by a lesser increase.

But the analysis is pretty good, direct number data and a good base. Pretty good!

Hasn't it launched in the ones that really matter now?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

instead of 4M, it would be at ~4.3M. that's my guess. and it's an optimistic one.

Between 10 and 20% growth on the stabilized weeks besides normal growth from gen beggining to apex.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheBlackNaruto said:
kitler53 said:
J_Allard said:
Who here has said Xbox One would outsell the PS4 if it were launching in the same territories?

without actually searching it (which i can't because i'm off to houston in about 10 minutes) probably toastboy or whomever.  but whatever, i've seen it argued both ways.  there was, however, a particular thread on friday that made me interested in doing this analysis over the weekend.  i don't have it immediately availible but maybe someone else knows which one i'm talking about.

"

We will be getting £20 games for free. Every month. Like I said, wait for the end of year. I expect on E3 exclusives and MS momentum to be outselling PS4 WW by years end. Hell MS are making First party Japanese games. They have never done that. Lost Odyssey was 2nd party.

Its opinion. But a lopsided one with over 40 more countries currently to Ps4 totals."

Actually Selnor said this today, I don't agree with it but just posted it because I saw J_Allard asking for someone who said it. Not getting on him because I actually like Selnor...sure he goes a little over board at times....but is a good dude and a good poster for the XB side! .

On Topic:

This seems pretty legit, good thread and very nice info. I do think when the XB1 releases in more places that the sales will increase just not to the levels it seems some are expecting when using the 13vs50 reasoning. Besides it is selling very well so it doesn't matter anyway.

thanks for the backup!   ..and thanks for enjoying my thread.

@those saying xbone is already released in many of these countries:

that may be true but i think you underestimate xbone there.  i personally think there is a difference between being able to be purchased and being officially launched, officially advertised, and officially supported.  a guy that lives in poland but doesn't speak english, french, or any of the other officially supported laungues are very unlikely to get an xbone even if it is aquirable.   once it is officially supported i'm certain there will be an increase in these regions.