By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Realistically, how well would a globally availible xbox one be selling?

FlamingWeazel said:

Whatever makes helps you sleep at night.

Type better too, fixed that for you.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180911&page=20

Perfect example see selnors post. People are using the 13 countries as a crutch.

J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
Who here has said Xbox One would outsell the PS4 if it were launching in the same territories?

I don' think I've seen anyone say it would outsell the PS4

All I really needed to know, thanks. The rest is you just replying to speculation with more speculation.

People saying "the Xbone wouldn't get outsold so much if it was available in as many countries as PS4" is not speculation. And California having more people than many "Tier 2 and 3" countries combined is not speculation, either. And saying that total sales won't significantly boost by being available in those countries isn't speculation. Unless you think all the countries Xbone is releasing in in September will have a crazy attach ratio, regarding console ownership.

I'd guesstimate at 20%+ what it is selling now.

BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
Who here has said Xbox One would outsell the PS4 if it were launching in the same territories?

All I really needed to know, thanks. The rest is you just replying to speculation with more speculation.

People saying "the Xbone wouldn't get outsold so much if it was available in as many countries as PS4" is not speculation. And California having more people than many "Tier 2 and 3" countries combined is not speculation, either. And saying that total sales won't significantly boost by being available in those countries isn't speculation. Unless you think all the countries Xbone is releasing in in September will have a crazy attach ratio, regarding console ownership.

Yes, they are speculating it would have a big effect on sales. You are speculating otherwise. Right now the PS4 has a million or so sales at least in territories the Xbone isn't launched in yet. If you think that's insignificant you're wrong.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:

Yes, they are speculating it would have a big effect on sales. You are speculating otherwise. Right now the PS4 has a million or so sales at least in territories the Xbone isn't launched in yet. If you think that's insignificant you're wrong.

Sony dominates those regions, and even more so with ps4, x1 would not get close to 1 million there, it would add some but it would be small.

Nice analysis op. Yeah I think without any additional software than what we have now a global launch would’ve added anywhere from 500-800K in sales to what we have currently.

I think it will be interesting to see how strong console sales are in china if they can ever get them in there. strong enconomy+huge population you would think they would be crazy successful...

These countries are like Czech Republic, Greece, Slovakia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, South Africa, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
More than half of these countries have a lot low purchase power.

Which means that the less expensive console has a good chance to outsell, and that the sales are done on later and cheaper prices (other sales always rise late in the console cycle), which makes final stats for xbox 360 a lot better than would sale xbox one.

I give you a 10% increase, and I'm very nice.

gergroy said:

I think it will be interesting to see how strong console sales are in china if they can ever get them in there. strong enconomy+huge population you would think they would be crazy successful...

It's not that simple, consoles won;t do crap in china for a very long time. Regulations, different market, etc....