WHAT TIME IS IT??

Lol 2 9.09%

Yep 1 4.55%

TITANFALL>EVERYTHING 7 31.82%

I hate you ktay95 6 27.27%

DONT ask, Ill never tELl 1 4.55%

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm 5 22.73%

Total:22

lol Just say title change, I guess now these random post are on topic.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:
I bet that like Titanfall, Infamous saw tons and tons of digital sales that will never be accurately tracked here.

Infamous would have more digital sales because it was up for digital pre-order on PSn for 1 month Titanfall was not. Meaning their sales are very close most likely.

If you're going to buy digital you're gonna buy digital, preorder or not.

Either way I agree, Infamous would have way more digital sales than Metal Gear Demo 5

It being up day 1 and up for pre-order a month before launch would spur more digital sales.

Lol at the 360 sales of GZ... install base my foot.
Xbone 3.9 mil vs 360 80 mil

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

ethomaz said:

Now we can chance the thread title to ISS and TF because nobody talk about the biggest launch of the year so far... Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

Its already been shown to you than Ground Zeroes is not the biggest launch of the Year. Drop it already.

btw .. its all Win win for PS4. selling the most third party games this gen seems to be in the bag now.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:

Its already been shown to you than Ground Zeroes is not the biggest launch of the Year. Drop it already.

Did you played it? It is... suck amazing game... the biggest release so far in 2014... I expected to play better games in 2014 yet but for now no other compares with it.

Half the price, more popular series, and available on 4 consoles vs 1.... yeah it seems like it should have blown Infamous out of the water. I'm surprised its so close.

To be more fair, compare PS4 sales to PS4 sales... or at the very least at least playstation vs playstation, where Infamous still outsold it even though it wasnt on PS3.

Overall Second Son has done very well especially on such a small install base. 12% of PS4 owners bought the game, and I doubt they're counting digital purchases yet. Fun game too. People should check it out if they havent yet.

Kyuu said:
Carl2291 said:
Does anyone think we should expect to see more of the MGS5 milking strategy in the future?

After Ground Zeroes has pushed 800k at retail alone, its certainly gonna make some big ripples. Other developers will take note. If Konami can get away with doing it on a franchise the size of MGS, then there is no reason why Activision cant get away with doing it on Call of Duty.

This is exactly why the game pissed me off. It'll inspire other publishers but for all the wrong reasons.

And those publishers would fail unless they were doing it with a game that isn't coming soon in the likely future. Its been 8 years since Final Fantasy Versus XIII XV announcement, there hasn't been anything save for a new trailer.

MGS4 came out in 2008, and MGR came out early last year. So it doesn't suprise me that fans would rather pay $30 now then wait till fall 2015(?).

Not to mention the game uses an entirely new engine, and its more destructive to hold off paying for thate dev with Phantom Pain then with MGZ, which will only increase interest in the game.

Meanwhile, SE has to make 3 sequels of FFXIII and make FFXV and KH3 multiplatform just to not end up like konami.

Honestly. what other games do you think this kind of cash grab would work? Cause it wouldn't work with any yearly releases, multiplayer focused games, or exclusives(single console), rebooted series, Metal Gear is an outlier; few tripple As have the fanbase and fit the mold. This whole bad example thing has been overblown and taken out of proportion, same thing with microtransactions, dlc, etc...

Let the market decide.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ethomaz said:

Did you played it? It is... suck amazing game... the biggest release so far in 2014... I expected to play better games in 2014 yet but for now no other compares with it.

Has nothing at all to do with a game being the biggest release of the Year.

FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:
J_Allard said:
I bet that like Titanfall, Infamous saw tons and tons of digital sales that will never be accurately tracked here.

Infamous would have more digital sales because it was up for digital pre-order on PSn for 1 month Titanfall was not. Meaning their sales are very close most likely.

If you're going to buy digital you're gonna buy digital, preorder or not.

Either way I agree, Infamous would have way more digital sales than Metal Gear Demo 5

It being up day 1 and up for pre-order a month before launch would spur more digital sales.

Feel free to believe that all you want. I'll side with logic. People who are open to DD are going to buy digital games regardless.