By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony’s E3 Press Conference Will Be a “Tight Fit,” Will Have a Decent Mix of Genres According to Sony Dev

RenCutypoison said:
Xenostar said:
They would be stupid to rule out shooters, the are still the biggest sellers. Who writes this drivel.

People watching E3 conference streams are most likely a core audience that plays more than one genre.

Plus publishers will give us a lot of shooter footage anyway.

Yeah there will obviously be more than 1 genre at the conference too. But why on earth would anyone try and rule out shooters, the most popular genre.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

That's stupidly optimistic. They will probably just get on stage and announce some more layoffs.

Ehh Im not so sure.

We know from this Tweet that Santa Monica and Media Molecule should have something to show, at least a trailer. Im not 100% sure on SSM because of the layoffs, but Media Molecule's last console game was 2011. Despite them doing Tearaway, Im fairly confident they will have been working on the PS4 game alongside it.

Guerrilla Games have been working on the new IP for over 2 Years now. Surely they have to be ready to show it off.

I think the only questionable reveals would be GT7: Prologue, The Last Guardian and whatever the guys at Quantic Dream are doing. Even then, Id expect at least 1 of them to show up, hopefully followed by the imminent closure of Team ICO.

I think the SSM game that that tweet was talking about is their cancelled game.

DerNebel said:

Certainly seems that way, though they do have 2 teams.

Not very likely to see anything other than collaborations with other dev teams, but you never know!

Carl2291 said:
DerNebel said:

Certainly seems that way, though they do have 2 teams.

Not very likely to see anything other than collaborations with other dev teams, but you never know!

I think their other team is working on GoW right now, which I personally find a bit unfortunate a new IP from SSM would be awesome, especially for me since I'm not too big on GoW.

with all the news of restructuring, the best im hoping for is uncharted 4 gameplay.
I wonder if there will be any more PS3 and vita exclusives, or if all their focus is now on PS4.

I wouldnt mind a large section on third party, as long as it was for the vita.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
RenCutypoison said:
Xenostar said:
They would be stupid to rule out shooters, the are still the biggest sellers. Who writes this drivel.

People watching E3 conference streams are most likely a core audience that plays more than one genre.

Yeah there will obviously be more than 1 genre at the conference too. But why on earth would anyone try and rule out shooters, the most popular genre.

Not showing any shooters would be bad, of course, but they could show a genre parity for once.

RenCutypoison said:
Xenostar said:

Doesn't matter. FPS is the most popular genre by a vast margin. It's what people want to see.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Maybe we're going to see The Last Guardian this time. Maybe..

Realistically, my expectations for this years E3 -

Some Uncharted and another "please be excited" speech from your man, Shinji Hashimoto - SE FF brand director.

I hope its not filled with indie game stuff.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I really think this is going to be Sony's worst E3 since 2006. They likely won't show the last guardian or anything big. It will likely be filled with 3rd party games, and release dates for already announced games from last year. EX: The order, Deep down and Driveclub.