By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game made you a gamer?What was special about it?

Pool Of Radiance for Commodore 64, my first taste of SRPG. Dungeons and Dragons universe was awesome with some hot characters.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
nicktwilight said:
AZWification said:

Started with Super Mario World when I was 3 years old! I felt like a true hero when I defeated that bastard Iggy for the first tim

You could game when you were 3?Truly great game that I played many years after it released.In not one moment did it lost it's freshness.

Yes, but I wasn't very good obviously! :P

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

When I got my GameBoy Color, that's when it really took off. Before that I assumed I just played whatever my friends would let me play.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

My first experience with video games was watching my older brother play games like Super Mario Bros., Kung Fu, and Bubble Bobble. It probably wasn't until I received a SNES (with Super Mario World) for Christmas that I became truly hooked.

nicktwilight said:
Nintentacle said:
Well it was actually the release of the Zelda timeline that got me into the series 100%, which got me into gaming.

It's my favourite franchise too.I never thought that we would see a reliable and official timeline.But gameplay is really the center of the Zelda experience and in my eyes all of them are truly great examples of game design done right.

I assumed that because of your avatar!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
My first experience with video games was watching my older brother play games like Super Mario Bros., Kung Fu, and Bubble Bobble. It probably wasn't until I received a SNES (with Super Mario World) for Christmas that I became truly hooked.

Kung Fu is one of these early games that created some of my first videogame experiences.It was simple in concept but very addicting.It had that another go vibe all over it.

Super Mario on the Nes was basic training. Metroid II on Gameboy made me a man.

*edit*

That was a lie.  I didn't play Metroid II until like 1990 or something.  Whenever that game came out.  By that time I had tackled a lot of the NES's most notorious.  I have no idea what game was it for me.

SMB3. I don't need to explain

Donkey Kong on ColecoVision. It was magical.

Nintentacle said:
nicktwilight said:
Nintentacle said:
Well it was actually the release of the Zelda timeline that got me into the series 100%, which got me into gaming.

It's my favourite franchise too.I never thought that we would see a reliable and official timeline.But gameplay is really the center of the Zelda experience and in my eyes all of them are truly great examples of game design done right.

I assumed that because of your avatar!

Haha!Yes my love for this series is too big for me to hide.Isn't it really hard to remain objective towards other games when your love for a certain game is that strong?