By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game made you a gamer?What was special about it?

probably unreal tournament
UT was my first fps and I loved to keep playing it using all the different settings and maps which changed the gameplay, and if it ever got boring, i'd keep increasing the difficulty. At the time I was really into that game, using a computer when the sensitivity wasnt set to max felt like slow motion to me =D

colin mcrae rally 2.0 and driver deserve mentions, but they were mainly just for fun. I actually didnt complete the last mission in driver until many years later because I found the mission too hard. I think it was called presidents run.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
probably unreal tournament
UT was my first fps and I loved to keep playing it using all the different settings and maps which changed the gameplay, and if it ever got boring, i'd keep increasing the difficulty. At the time I was really into that game, using a computer when the sensitivity wasnt set to max felt like slow motion to me =D

colin mcrae rally 2.0 and driver deserve mentions, but they were mainly just for fun. I actually didnt complete the last mission in driver until many years later because I found the mission too hard. I think it was called presidents run.

I remember playing colin mcrae rally 2 on the first playstation all that years ago in a cafe that had pay to play consoles hooked to tvs.It was very realistic for it's time and it had great handling.Racings have gone a long way since then but in my opinion most of them forget that fun must always be the most important aspect of every game and all other elements are simply there to support that and not replace it.

Galaxian, Pac-Man, Phoenix, Frogger and Donkey Kong at local arcade, back in 80-81, were my introduction to world of video games.

The Hobbit, graphic adventure for ZX Spectrum in '82 was what made a gamer out of me by introducing me to (still) my favorite genre.

Mario Kart I think. It was awesome! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The game that really started my addiction for gaming was Elite on the BBC. It was an open ended space combat and trading game that I thought was truly amazing at the time. My first immersive gaming experience where the environment was fully 3D (albeit vector only). It's hard to believe just how addicted I was looking back but then computers were new and exciting.

Around the Network

Ocarina of time made me a "gamer"
played long before that but that game changed my view on gaming and art in general
if one game could change your life it was that one

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
bonzobanana said:

The game that really started my addiction for gaming was Elite on the BBC. It was an open ended space combat and trading game that I thought was truly amazing at the time. My first immersive gaming experience where the environment was fully 3D (albeit vector only). It's hard to believe just how addicted I was looking back but then computers were new and exciting.

Never heard of it.From what I saw from the video it seems like a simpler version of star wars x wing.It should be truly good considering the tech of those times.

X-Men 2: Clone Wars on Sega Genesis, first game I played with my Father and Brother.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

Pong, Breakout, Pac-Man, Frogger, Pole Position, Jungle Hunt, Defender, Atlantis, Space Invaders, Moon Patrol, Q*Bert and Pitfall on the Atari 2600 and many (real) Pinball machines.

Mario 64