By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game made you a gamer?What was special about it?

Super mario bros for the NES. I used to watch my sis play it all the time when I was 2 or 3 (she was around 5/6) Then, i finally got to play it and i was fascinated by it. My addiction started then.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Datsun 280 Zzzap! and Ms. Pacman.
Damn I'm old....

I guess Zelda II. Definitely the game that I spent most time on back then

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

nicktwilight said:

Never heard of it.From what I saw from the video it seems like a simpler version of star wars x wing.It should be truly good considering the tech of those times.

It was released I think in 1984, the year of the big gaming crash. Hardware at the time was Commodore 64, Sinclair Spectrum, Atari VCS, Intellivision etc. Which X wing did you mean?

X wing on pc was almost 10 years later than this game. 1993 it says on the wiki page.  Do you mean the star wars arcade game with the x wing. There was a version of that for the VCS unbelievably. Quite playable too. That might pre-date Elite at least the arcade machine.

I think the first game I played non stop was pokemon. But that doesn't count imo.
So I'd say Age of empires / Tribalwars / Runescape. Somewhat the same era

And after RS it was WoW

Around the Network

<quote>"The game that really started my addiction for gaming was Elite on the BBC."</quote>

Wow, that brings back memories. I remember having sleep-overs at a friends house who had a C64 with Elite. We played it in turns (every turn a hyperspace jump) and that went on 'till the sun went up. It was just pure magic.

Metroid Prime

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Wolfenstein 3D, Commander Keen, Prince of Persia, Tetris, Space Invaders, Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk were the first games I played as a child. Ever since then it's been about finding the next great experience.

bonzobanana said:
nicktwilight said:

Never heard of it.From what I saw from the video it seems like a simpler version of star wars x wing.It should be truly good considering the tech of those times.

It was released I think in 1984, the year of the big gaming crash. Hardware at the time was Commodore 64, Sinclair Spectrum, Atari VCS, Intellivision etc. Which X wing did you mean?

X wing on pc was almost 10 years later than this game. 1993 it says on the wiki page.  Do you mean the star wars arcade game with the x wing. There was a version of that for the VCS unbelievably. Quite playable too. That might pre-date Elite at least the arcade machine.

I'm talking about the pc version of x wing.Never knew one came for the vcs too.I was born in 1988 so I didn't have the chance to be a gamer in any of those systems.Were there a lot of games on them?For what price?

Started all the way back in the commodore 64 days and then later atari 2600 (console wise), but i didnt become a true hardcore gamer until i played xenogears for the playstation. Up till then i never spent so much time let alone multiple playthroughs till then and that was a huge game in terms of time/intelligence wise to wrap my brain around the concepts brought up in that game.