By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a retro room or gaming setup?

I have all the consoles to do so, once i move into my first house it will be my number one priority

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Thought I would update this thread and see if anyone else has something to share.

I recently found my R.O.B. and some of my Atari stuff. Of course I still need to go to my parents house one day and ransack their attic for my other goodies.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Planning on getting an N64 soon, oldest console I have is a genesis, however I do have a FC twin that lets me NES/SNES games

I don't really have a retro room. I just use my normal room and TV to play on. This is a photo of most of my game systems. It's a mess because I was doing tests and repari work on them. I had them in storage for several years. Some of them had failed. Or needed some cleaning.

I have my main room for modern stuff my collection and then my bedroom which is used for retro systems and I call it my Retro room as well. I interchange the systems with the TV's based on Mood.

Main collection/Setup/Gaming Mags/Artbooks

Around the Network

Nice room and gear. Jealous of that Wizards Guide from NiNoKuni.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Nevermind

Tag, I will post it up later.

I dont need a special retro room, i have all my systems hooked up being almost ready for playing at 1 location, will defeniatly not post it because it looks quite messed up with lot of cables and controllers at the ground :)

Euphoria14 said:
Zisbest said:

I wouldn't necessarily call my room 'retro' but it's host to the oldest systems I've got. (Also my beloved VHS recorder )

Ughh... I need to get another Dreamcast.

I would love to play some Powerstone with buddies. One of my favorite multiplayer games of all time.

I am sick to death of Power Stone 2.  My friends love that game and play it so much, that of all the years I'd known them, I only won a single game of power stone 2.  And that happened less than two years ago.  I own the game, he owns the game, but, I never touch my dreamcast.  I remember his oldest TV had the Power Stone 2 life bars burned into the screen due to how much the game was played.

I don't have a dedicated classic game set-up.  It depends on what I feel like doing.  I have over 80+ genesis games, and several PS2 games, and some DC games, but like I said, I don't touch my dreamcast, so....

Maybe one day I'll do something with it.  Right now, I own 3 sega genesis consoles, and two Dreamcast consoles, but they are never touched.  If I'm in a retro mood, I almost always go for the Genesis, though.  The games I played most on PS2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and Soul Calibur II, are both on PS3, so there's no point in playing the flawed PS2 versions with terrible frame rates and missing characters... Eventhough I don't use spawn since I grew up with the PS2 version.

All that leaves is Tony Hawk's Underground, and Xenosaga episode I, which I also never play anymore.