By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot SSBB Tournament Locations Revealed!

But it sure sounds like fun.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

ummm....I don't think mine is having it. I'm not sure. I'm going to have to call...

Soo, I know Maxwell said that he didn't know the store prizes and the site doesn't list them, but does anyone else even have a clue?

I ask because right now I have a Gamestop a few blocks from my house I can just walk to. I was pretty good at Melee so I figure I may have a shot at at least winning the store. I'm not good to advance any further, but it would be cool.

The catch is that my brother who lives 2 hours from me has a Wii, but I do not. I am going to buy a Wii in a few months when I have the money, but there is no way I can now. If the store prize is good enough I will go and peorder it and just buy SSBB months before I can even play it. If the prize were a free copy of SSBB I would be totally in. Not sure that would do something that cool though.

Who thinks I should go for it, knowing that I could beat everyone I knew in college, but could never beat anyone in a serious tournament? If it's all 13 y.o. kids who didn't play Smash I would have a chance.

That is a BIG list.

There's plenty of nearby stores doing it for me...I'm STILL debating on whether a $10 Circuit City gift card is worth it...and if I can get my $5 back from CC easily and switch to Gamestop...

I think I'd suck in an actual tourney, but I just want to try...I'm gonna switch.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

From the store I work at it's this, you have to be 18, you have to have it preordered, its on March 8th at 9PM till Midnight, and the only bit I have on what our prize could be is that it MIGHT (big MIGHT) be a free copy of Brawl.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Yeah, mine is not doing it. ****! Gotta transfer my preorder. -_-

Oh well! I'll transfer it to a GameStop in which my friend preordered it from.

Yes! The one I preordered from is doing it!

naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I'm sure my store -- the Gamestop in the Mall Of America -- will have it. I mean, we play games like Street Fighters and King Of Fighters there all the time. It would also be wierd not to have a tournament like this in the Mall of America if other stores are doing it. I will probably not play, though. I need to actually learn how to play Brawl first before I go jumping into stuff like this.

I don't see it on the list... and there are 2500 locations on the list.

That's odd... Maybe it's because there are two Gamestop's in the Mall of America?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Uh...is the Mall of America open 24/7?

Most mall locations will not be open at midnight.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sweet. My local gamestop is one of them. Maybe I'll go check it out...