By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1000+ self-publishing Developers now on Playstation

DonFerrari said:

The risk is the more lax the policies more chance of garbage. But I'm certain we will have a better rooster than X1.

If for five Basement Crawl we had one TowerFall Ascension then I'm fine with that.

Around the Network

Towerfall has become THE lunch time game in our office.

Lets just hope Sony will still have some quality insurance. Some Indie games are awesome, but no doubt some are trash.

I didn't know Towerfall existed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ethomaz said:

Goatseye said:

Quality vs Quantity. I'll wait and see before bragging.

So how much indies quality games was launched? Resogun, Outlast, Don't Starve, Dead Nation, TowerFall Ascension, etc... I think we are done with quality too

Have you played some of the MS's Arcade titles?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

1000 x 250

That's shows the difference in policies between platforms.

Congrats Sony.

i'm terrible at math.  is 1000 more or less than 250?

Its a bit too early to celebrate. Sony is known for lying through their teeth or misrepresenting the facts.
Sony lists 100 games for this year, but majority of the games they have listed have extraordinarily dubious release dates. Some don't even have release dates at all, and Sony is labeling those games as 2014. I mean, you've got questionable titles such as Minecraft, The Order 1886 and even Planetside 2. I'm just saying, folks. Take this news with a grain of salt.

Now Sony is saying they have 1000 self-publishing developers on board. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Goatseye said:
ethomaz said:

1000 x 250

That's shows the difference in policies between platforms.

Congrats Sony.

Quality vs Quantity. I'll wait and see before bragging.

That "vs" makes no sense at all.  Having a high quantity of games does not preclude having a lot of quality games.

As long as the platforms have a system to filter out the shit, then this is a good thing.

QuintonMcLeod said:

Its a bit too early to celebrate. Sony is known for lying through their teeth or misrepresenting the facts.
Sony lists 100 games for this year, but majority of the games they have listed have extraordinarily dubious release dates. Some don't even have release dates at all, and Sony is labeling those games as 2014. I mean, you've got questionable titles such as Minecraft, The Order 1886 and even Planetside 2. I'm just saying, folks. Take this news with a grain of salt.

Now Sony is saying they have 1000 self-publishing developers on board. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Minecraft was originally set for the months after launch, so it's pretty likely for that title to be this year. It also isn't a title that doesn't take years to make due to how simple it is. Then The Order: 1886 and Planetside 2 are Sony titles, so they'll probably know how those are coming along. If they wanted to lie about numbers, they would have put Uncharted up there, but they didn't.