By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1000+ self-publishing Developers now on Playstation

outlawauron said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
poklane said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Its a bit too early to celebrate. Sony is known for lying through their teeth or misrepresenting the facts.
Sony lists 100 games for this year, but majority of the games they have listed have extraordinarily dubious release dates. Some don't even have release dates at all, and Sony is labeling those games as 2014. I mean, you've got questionable titles such as Minecraft, The Order 1886 and even Planetside 2. I'm just saying, folks. Take this news with a grain of salt.

Now Sony is saying they have 1000 self-publishing developers on board. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Minecraft was originally set for the months after launch, so it's pretty likely for that title to be this year. It also isn't a title that doesn't take years to make due to how simple it is. Then The Order: 1886 and Planetside 2 are Sony titles, so they'll probably know how those are coming along. If they wanted to lie about numbers, they would have put Uncharted up there, but they didn't.

Umm... No.

Minecraft is supposed to come to the PS4, but it's labeled TBA. There's no release date. Same with Planetside 2 and The Order 1886. Like I said, Sony lies a lot, and I highly doubt they have 100 games planned for this year.

Wow, this is such an odd response to this news/statement. Everyone knows all three of those games are planned for 2014, so they can definitely be counted as it would be a surprise to see either slip into 2015.

All 3 of those games are set for TBA. So, _no one_ knows if all three games will come out this year.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
pokoko said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Its a bit too early to celebrate. Sony is known for lying through their teeth or misrepresenting the facts.
Sony lists 100 games for this year, but majority of the games they have listed have extraordinarily dubious release dates. Some don't even have release dates at all, and Sony is labeling those games as 2014. I mean, you've got questionable titles such as Minecraft, The Order 1886 and even Planetside 2. I'm just saying, folks. Take this news with a grain of salt.

Now Sony is saying they have 1000 self-publishing developers on board. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

You really have trouble believing that Playstation has 1,000 licensed developers globally?  Why?  Considering how many smaller developers are out there which plan to release games over the next few years, that number seems plenty realistic.  It's just getting an application approved, it's not like they have to have a game ready to launch.

That's not it. I'm not believing it based on Sony's track record of lying to their consumers. I'd rather see that they have 1000 self-publishing developers and their games than hear about it from Sony.

I don't get it what is so hard to beleive about them having over 100 games by the end of 2014? I mean it is only March and they have what...over 30 or 40 out already(counting PSN titles plus retail of course) right? So why does this seem so far fetched to you? And sure maybe one or two of those games they named(The Order 1886 and Planetside 2) MAY not launch this year but they will still have well over 100 titles....so I guess I don't get your point...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Wright said:

For the love of everything good, I hope that doesn't mean Ps4 gets crowded with the crap that's available on the Indie section in the 360...

That's a quality game!!! All those Minecraft clones though O.O

Minecraft, The Order and Planetside are confirmed to 2014... TBA 2014.

Stop the bullshiting... The Order is made by a third-party studio called Read at Dawn... not Santa Monica.

Goatseye said:
ethomaz said:

Goatseye said:

Quality vs Quantity. I'll wait and see before bragging.

So how much indies quality games was launched? Resogun, Outlast, Don't Starve, Dead Nation, TowerFall Ascension, etc... I think we are done with quality too

Have you played some of the MS's Arcade titles?

While I understand your statment his statement was also correct. They already have many quality titles and are also increasing in quantity. Will have of them be high quality of course not but they already have quite a few quality games. So your quality vs quantity statement seemed kind of out of place. Though I agree on the wait and see before bragging part.

Also he never suggested that MS arcade titles were bad he was just point out some of the QUALITY ones that are already out since you brought it up...no big deal though seeing as both systems will have some very nice quality games.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Stop the bullshiting... The Order is made by a third-party studio called Read at Dawn... not Santa Monica.

I thought they were working together?

TheBlackNaruto said:
true_fan said:
Lol have fun with those ps4 fans, I didn't pay all this money to play old pc ported indie games. It's funny you all can't realize sony wants so many indie devs is because they require a smaller budget.

So what did you pay all of that money to play? I mean Infamous: SS, The Order 1886, Driveclub, Watchdogs, Destiny, MLB: The Show 14 etc...are not old pc ported indie games. They may not be your PERSONAL cup of tea but they are not "old pc ported indie games". Your post always make no sense to me like you just WANT a reason to say something negative about the PS4....what was the point of even posting?...smh

The Order 1886 and Driveclub aren't out yet. We don't know how good those games will be. Watchdogs, Destiny and MLB: The Show 14 are all multiplats. You wouldn't buy a system because of its multiplats. Rather, you'd buy one for its exclusives. So, I suppose the question really is... What reason is there to purchase a PS4? I mean, the Xbox One has more exclusives than the PS4. Sure, the PS4 is cheaper than the Xbox One, but so is a $250 dollar graphics card for my PC that can run every mutliplat coming out for those two systems anyway. You've got Infamous: SS (which really only scored an 81 on Metacritic - which isn't bad, but isn't terrific either). You have Killzone which isn't really all that good. You've got Knack... Maybe Resogun? Flower maybe? One being a very bad game and the other two being indie titles. I mean, what major title does the PS4 have right now? What makes it a must buy over the other consoles outside of the fact that it's cheaper than the Xbox One? Please educate me on this.

iceland said:
ethomaz said:

I thought they were working together?

SSM is helping out, but the Order is RAD's baby.

SSM does this with lots of games actually. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal was a similar thing. So were a bunch of other games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

TheBlackNaruto said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
pokoko said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You really have trouble believing that Playstation has 1,000 licensed developers globally?  Why?  Considering how many smaller developers are out there which plan to release games over the next few years, that number seems plenty realistic.  It's just getting an application approved, it's not like they have to have a game ready to launch.

That's not it. I'm not believing it based on Sony's track record of lying to their consumers. I'd rather see that they have 1000 self-publishing developers and their games than hear about it from Sony.

I don't get it what is so hard to beleive about them having over 100 games by the end of 2014? I mean it is only March and they have what...over 30 or 40 out already(counting PSN titles plus retail of course) right? So why does this seem so far fetched to you? And sure maybe one or two of those games they named(The Order 1886 and Planetside 2) MAY not launch this year but they will still have well over 100 titles....so I guess I don't get your point...

We're not talking about 100 games up to this point. We're talking about 100 games planned for 2014 alone. However, many of the games they list don't have proper release dates. So, you can't possibly take Sony's word for it.

Also, the point you were responding to was the 1000 self-publishing developers.

Wow this topic got derailed, there is a good reason big AAA titles are TBA, its because there for the holiday release window, and with the amount of marketing and strategy that goes into releasing these games, you dont tell your competitors your exact dates in such a heavily competitive time of year.

By this logic there's no games coming out on X1 this year either, i don't see exact dates for Halo, Sunset overdrive or quantum break. MS must be liars they lied to us about the cloud no games confirmed.

Idiots.