By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1000+ self-publishing Developers now on Playstation

TheBlackNaruto said:

While I understand your statment his statement was also correct. They already have many quality titles and are also increasing in quantity. Will have of them be high quality of course not but they already have quite a few quality games. So your quality vs quantity statement seemed kind of out of place. Though I agree on the wait and see before bragging part.

Also he never suggested that MS arcade titles were bad he was just point out some of the QUALITY ones that are already out since you brought it up...no big deal though seeing as both systems will have some very nice quality games.

You're right he never suggested that and I didn't say he did.

My affirmation (guess I should've added the exclamation points) was to keep in mind that quality is better than quantity.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
iceland said:
ethomaz said:
Minecraft, The Order and Planetside are confirmed to 2014... TBA 2014.

Stop the bullshiting... The Order is made by a third-party studio called Read at Dawn... not Santa Monica.

I thought they were working together?

SSM is helping out, but the Order is RAD's baby.

SSM does this with lots of games actually. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal was a similar thing. So were a bunch of other games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

Truth be told, I was trying to give The Order: 1886 credit. RAD is an unproven developer who have really only been responsible for porting games and other small projects.

QuintonMcLeod said:

"MLB: The Show 14 are all multiplats. You wouldn't buy a system because of its multiplats."

If by multiplat you mean available across all three PlayStation platforms I guess so, but I always considered a platform to be a distinct company.  MLB: The Show 14 is more of a cross gen title. Personally the PS4 version is such a step up from the PS3 one with no cut content I absolutely consider it a major release if you wanted to experience the next generation of baseball.

Goatseye said:
ethomaz said:

1000 x 250

That's shows the difference in policies between platforms.

Congrats Sony.

Quality vs Quantity. I'll wait and see before bragging.

we have been waiting for 5 months now, while quality indie game after quality indie game have been releasing on PlayStation. keep waiting though, seems like the only thing you can do anyways. 

Xenostar said:
Wow this topic got derailed, there is a good reason big AAA titles are TBA, its because there for the holiday release window, and with the amount of marketing and strategy that goes into releasing these games, you dont tell your competitors your exact dates in such a heavily competitive time of year.

By this logic there's no games coming out on X1 this year either, i don't see exact dates for Halo, Sunset overdrive or quantum break. MS must be liars they lied to us about the cloud no games confirmed.

Idiots.

I don't believe this to be the case. Even Destiny has a hazy "holiday" release. There's really no reason to "fool" your competition by saying your title is a TBA release. I'd say you're reaching with this one.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

SSM does this with lots of games actually. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal was a similar thing. So were a bunch of other games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

Oh I thought they got more involved, my bad.

QuintonMcLeod said:
JoeTheBro said:
iceland said:
ethomaz said:

Stop the bullshiting... The Order is made by a third-party studio called Read at Dawn... not Santa Monica.

Truth be told, I was trying to give The Order: 1886 credit. RAD is an unproven developer who have really only been responsible for porting games and other small projects.

RAD made both PSP GOW games. They've already proven themselves imo.

Augen said:

QuintonMcLeod said:

"MLB: The Show 14 are all multiplats. You wouldn't buy a system because of its multiplats."

If by multiplat you mean available across all three PlayStation platforms I guess so, but I always considered a platform to be a distinct company.  MLB: The Show 14 is more of a cross gen title. Personally the PS4 version is such a step up from the PS3 one with no cut content I absolutely consider it a major release if you wanted to experience the next generation of baseball.

But the point still remains... What big title does the PS4 have to justify a purchase at this moment in time? 

iceland said:
ethomaz said:

Its Created and Developed by Ready At Dawn, SSM's xDev unit is just helping. RaD are now around 100 people, its a RaD game. 

JoeTheBro said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
JoeTheBro said:
iceland said:
ethomaz said:

RAD made both PSP GOW games. They've already proven themselves imo.

RAD isn't known for the GOW series. Santa Monica is. Besides, Santa Monica helped RAD with both of those PSP games you're referring to. RAD hasn't made their own game by themselves. They are very unproven right now.