By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1000+ self-publishing Developers now on Playstation

biglittlesps said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
true_fan said:
Lol have fun with those ps4 fans, I didn't pay all this money to play old pc ported indie games. It's funny you all can't realize sony wants so many indie devs is because they require a smaller budget.

So what did you pay all of that money to play? I mean Infamous: SS, The Order 1886, Driveclub, Watchdogs, Destiny, MLB: The Show 14 etc...are not old pc ported indie games. They may not be your PERSONAL cup of tea but they are not "old pc ported indie games". Your post always make no sense to me like you just WANT a reason to say something negative about the PS4....what was the point of even posting?...smh

The Order 1886 and Driveclub aren't out yet. We don't know how good those games will be. Watchdogs, Destiny and MLB: The Show 14 are all multiplats. You wouldn't buy a system because of its multiplats. Rather, you'd buy one for its exclusives. So, I suppose the question really is... What reason is there to purchase a PS4? I mean, the Xbox One has more exclusives than the PS4. Sure, the PS4 is cheaper than the Xbox One, but so is a $250 dollar graphics card for my PC that can run every mutliplat coming out for those two systems anyway. You've got Infamous: SS (which really only scored an 81 on Metacritic - which isn't bad, but isn't terrific either). You have Killzone which isn't really all that good. You've got Knack... Maybe Resogun? Flower maybe? One being a very bad game and the other two being indie titles. I mean, what major title does the PS4 have right now? What makes it a must buy over the other consoles outside of the fact that it's cheaper than the Xbox One? Please educate me on this.

For you PS4 is not meant as you can play your multiplatforms and no PS exclusive interests you so just go with your PC and xbox one exclusives(Ryse 60+ meta, Dead rising and forza are average game as there is nothing really we expect from new gen in gameplay/visuals compared to last gen to think its a must game and F2P fighting game with small roster, multiplatform Titanfall and with inferior multiplatform games) and high price which is not attracting many compared to PS4 with a gap of 2+ million.

PS4 is a gaming machine meant to be affordable and hassle free gaming for many people around the world not only for those who are good with computers who can build their best multiplatform machine. Many people around the world agree that PS4 is best for gaming that is why its having more sales and they trust sony. And, still consoles do more sales compared to PC when a new multiplatform game is released. May i know why? 

What PS exclusives? Can you name more than 3 PS4 retail exclusives I can buy right now that score above a 75 on Metacritic? Hell, can you name 3? Can you even name 2?

Around the Network

one mans garbage is another mans treasure. i dont know why they feel like they have to feed their trolls in a dick measuring contest. "oh yeah oh yeah we got 1000 SELF PUBLISHING devs" yeah for the fanboys. im sure i'll grab a few myself. counter spy for one although ill probably get it on the 3 long before i get a 4. i dont know why when i here junk numbers like that m.a.m.e flash in front of my eyes. damn. pulls out the classics when people just played games.

TheBlackNaruto said:
true_fan said:
Lol have fun with those ps4 fans, I didn't pay all this money to play old pc ported indie games. It's funny you all can't realize sony wants so many indie devs is because they require a smaller budget.

So what did you pay all of that money to play? I mean Infamous: SS, The Order 1886, Driveclub, Watchdogs, Destiny, MLB: The Show 14 etc...are not old pc ported indie games. They may not be your PERSONAL cup of tea but they are not "old pc ported indie games". Your post always make no sense to me like you just WANT a reason to say something negative about the PS4....what was the point of even posting?...smh

The reason his posts make no sence is that he makes up the "Facts" as he is typing.

QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

The order 1886 and Driveclub I named because the article wa about games that are planned for release this year. His statement was made in regards to he didn't spend all that money to play indies which should not be an issue for him seeing as he DOES NOT have a PS4 so the post made no sense in that regard.

You say the XBO1has more exclusives when in fact it does not...it has more retail exclusives released but it currently does not have more exclusives overall when including downloadable titles. WHen you take into account ALL the games both systems have to offer they are basically dead even. So neither tecnically has an advantage over the other in that regard. So guess what it comes down to...PERSONAL prefference...then your PC comment not EVERY Multiplat is coming to the PC why because those games do not sell as well on PC as they do consoles. Also MAYBE people just prefer consoles over PCs so they don't need to get a $250 graphics card...even though you would need more than just that to run all the games and the cose would end up being more than that of a PS4 or XB1. But that is fine for those who PREFER to play on PC...now on to reasons for someone to get a PS4...

Infamous: SS which is an AMAZING game for people who love those types of games and who are fans of the Infamous series and play style. That is one reason for those who PREFER that game to get a PS4. You have KZ:SF while the SP is lacking the MP comes close to teh greatness that it was in KZ2 which is considered the best MP in the series so that is another reasonf or someone who enjoys the KZ games and KZ universer to get a PS4. Then you have knack which indeed didnot do or score very well and I actually agree is not a very good game at all BUT others have played it and TRULY enjoyed Knack. Therefore giving then yet ANOTHER reason to get a PS4. Resogun easily the BEST launch game between the PS4 and the XB1(metacritic wise anyway) is yet another reason for someone to go out and get a PS4. I could kepp going but those should do for now. Those games may not be your cup of tea or others but they are and were reason enough for people to purchase a PS4.

Point being you are talking as if the PS4 has nothing to offer over the competition when indeed you are wrong it offers games that people may actually prefer playing that can't be found on the hardward of the competition. Does that mean the competition has nothing to offer no of ocurse not. They have games that other prefer HENCE the reason that went with their console of choice. People like and prefer different things so that what makes console A a MUST BUY over console B or C...hope that helps...peace

Look. A lot of what you said boils down to your personal opinion. However, facts are facts. The PS4 doesn't have a major title to make it any different than competing consoles. If you're going to include indie titles, then we might as well include the Wii U which has the most indie titles right now. In regards to exclusive retail titles, the Xbox One has the most between itself and the PS4. These are facts. Using these facts, how is the PS4 more worthy than the competition? If I bought a Wii U and a graphics card for my PC, I'd have a console with more exclusives than both the PS4 and the Xbone combined and a superior system for multiplats. If I bought an Xbox One and a Wii U, I'd spend more money, but I'd have way more exclusive content than I would buying a PS4 and a Wii U. So, what I'm trying to find out here is why buy a PS4?

But here is the thing EVERYTHING that I said is a FACT. Most consumers DO NOT go check meta before buying a game. They go for the games they PREFER and enjoy playing. So if they see Infamous:SS and they played and loved the Infamous games then guess what...that is reason enough for them to get it. If someone loves the KZ games and sees KZ:SF guess what they are going to go out and buy it. These are FACTS you are taking your opinions as facts and guess what they are FACTS for YOU. But not for others..that's the thing you seem to be missing. The Wii U has WAY more titels than either the PS4 or the XB1 does that mean anything? NO not at all if the games it offers are not the ones people PREFER to play. That is the FACT you are missing people will buy things because it has the things THEY prefer. That's it...I am not seeing what is so hard to understand about this.

To be even more clear NOTHING that you said is wrong because it is all your opinion and how you feel. What you have to accept is that OTHERS disagree and see reasons that Console A is more worthy than Console B or C for THEM even though YOU do not. Whether it be a Wii U over a PS4/XB1, a XB1 over a PS4/Wii U, a PS4 over a XB1/Wii U etc...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

The order 1886 and Driveclub I named because the article wa about games that are planned for release this year. His statement was made in regards to he didn't spend all that money to play indies which should not be an issue for him seeing as he DOES NOT have a PS4 so the post made no sense in that regard.

You say the XBO1has more exclusives when in fact it does not...it has more retail exclusives released but it currently does not have more exclusives overall when including downloadable titles. WHen you take into account ALL the games both systems have to offer they are basically dead even. So neither tecnically has an advantage over the other in that regard. So guess what it comes down to...PERSONAL prefference...then your PC comment not EVERY Multiplat is coming to the PC why because those games do not sell as well on PC as they do consoles. Also MAYBE people just prefer consoles over PCs so they don't need to get a $250 graphics card...even though you would need more than just that to run all the games and the cose would end up being more than that of a PS4 or XB1. But that is fine for those who PREFER to play on PC...now on to reasons for someone to get a PS4...

Infamous: SS which is an AMAZING game for people who love those types of games and who are fans of the Infamous series and play style. That is one reason for those who PREFER that game to get a PS4. You have KZ:SF while the SP is lacking the MP comes close to teh greatness that it was in KZ2 which is considered the best MP in the series so that is another reasonf or someone who enjoys the KZ games and KZ universer to get a PS4. Then you have knack which indeed didnot do or score very well and I actually agree is not a very good game at all BUT others have played it and TRULY enjoyed Knack. Therefore giving then yet ANOTHER reason to get a PS4. Resogun easily the BEST launch game between the PS4 and the XB1(metacritic wise anyway) is yet another reason for someone to go out and get a PS4. I could kepp going but those should do for now. Those games may not be your cup of tea or others but they are and were reason enough for people to purchase a PS4.

Point being you are talking as if the PS4 has nothing to offer over the competition when indeed you are wrong it offers games that people may actually prefer playing that can't be found on the hardward of the competition. Does that mean the competition has nothing to offer no of ocurse not. They have games that other prefer HENCE the reason that went with their console of choice. People like and prefer different things so that what makes console A a MUST BUY over console B or C...hope that helps...peace

Look. A lot of what you said boils down to your personal opinion. However, facts are facts. The PS4 doesn't have a major title to make it any different than competing consoles. If you're going to include indie titles, then we might as well include the Wii U which has the most indie titles right now. In regards to exclusive retail titles, the Xbox One has the most between itself and the PS4. These are facts. Using these facts, how is the PS4 more worthy than the competition? If I bought a Wii U and a graphics card for my PC, I'd have a console with more exclusives than both the PS4 and the Xbone combined and a superior system for multiplats. If I bought an Xbox One and a Wii U, I'd spend more money, but I'd have way more exclusive content than I would buying a PS4 and a Wii U. So, what I'm trying to find out here is why buy a PS4?

But here is the thing EVERYTHING that I said is a FACT. Most consumers DO NOT go check meta before buying a game. They go for the games they PREFER and enjoy playing. So if they see Infamous:SS and they played and loved the Infamous games then guess what...that is reason enough for them to get it. If someone loves the KZ games and sees KZ:SF guess what they are going to go out and buy it. These are FACTS you are taking your opinions as facts and guess what they are FACTS for YOU. But not for others..that's the thing you seem to be missing. The Wii U has WAY more titels than either the PS4 or the XB1 does that mean anything? NO not at all if the games it offers are not the ones people PREFER to play. That is the FACT you are missing people will buy things because it has the things THEY prefer. That's it...I am not seeing what is so hard to understand about this.

To be even more clear NOTHING that you said is wrong because it is all your opinion and how you feel. What you have to accept is that OTHERS disagree and see reasons that Console A is more worthy than Console B or C for THEM even though YOU do not. Whether it be a Wii U over a PS4/XB1, a XB1 over a PS4/Wii U, a PS4 over a XB1/Wii U etc...

Err... Most of what you said is your personal opinion. From there, you proceeded to make very dubious points of why people should get a PS4. I believe your reasoning was, "People probably enjoyed this type of game, so therefore, that's a reason why people should get the PS4". It's pretty sad that you have to reference older games to justify a purchase of a completely different system. Not saying that's not viable, but it certainly isn't an incentive for those who have not played those games. In regards to Knack; the sales for Knack pretty much say all there is to know about it. Sure, I'm sure there's a number of people who enjoyed that game, but it's not a reason to own a PS4.

Looking at the number of exclusives available on the PS4 and their metacritic scores, it is a fact that the PS4 does not have any large retail exclusives of any high ranking merit. Meanwhile, the Xbox One has many and the Wii U has many. You can certainly find any reason you want to own a PS4, but that's because you like the brand. How about a person who is indifferent like myself? What incentive do I have? I'm a Nintendo fan, and most Nintendo fans are multiconsole owners. I'm in the market of buying another system. So, where is the incentive for buying a PS4 over and Xbox One and vice-versa outside of it being cheaper with a bunch of unproven games in the future?

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Err... Most of what you said is your personal opinion. From there, you proceeded to make very dubious points of why people should get a PS4. I believe your reasoning was, "People probably enjoyed this type of game, so therefore, that's a reason why people should get the PS4". It's pretty sad that you have to reference older games to justify a purchase of a completely different system. Not saying that's not viable, but it certainly isn't an incentive for those who have not played those games. In regards to Knack; the sales for Knack pretty much say all there is to know about it. Sure, I'm sure there's a number of people who enjoyed that game, but it's not a reason to own a PS4.

Looking at the number of exclusives available on the PS4 and their metacritic scores, it is a fact that the PS4 does not have any large retail exclusives of any high ranking merit. Meanwhile, the Xbox One has many and the Wii U has many. You can certainly find any reason you want to own a PS4, but that's because you like the brand. How about a person who is indifferent like myself? What incentive do I have? I'm a Nintendo fan, and most Nintendo fans are multiconsole owners. I'm in the market of buying another system. So, where is the incentive for buying a PS4 over and Xbox One and vice-versa outside of it being cheaper with a bunch of unproven games in the future?

better to discuss with a rock XD

QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

You asked what are reasons someone would choose to buy a PS4 over the others and I gave them to you. For you there is NO reason to get a PS4 because OBVIOUSLY it does not have any games that you seem to like. Was using the older games to give you an example of why people would chose to buy it. And wait so referencing the history of a system is sad in buying the next system? So you are a NIN fan and you bought say a Wii and a Wii U without even caring about or considering any of their past games? Bought it just for the "unproven" future games? We both know that is not the case. Now I do agree for those who have not played any of those games it is not an incentive.But then you have to ask that for every system...what is the incentive for those who have not played any of the past games for the ones that have been released? Other than advertising and word of mouth? And yes most of what I said is opinion because at the end of the day that's what it boils down to..opinion.

Looking at the number of exclusive retail titles availbe for the they have one "high" merit exclusive and that is Infamous: SS, looking at the XB1 it has 4 Titanfall, DR3, Forza 5 and PVZ:GW. Looking at ALL the "exclusives"(a game being on PS4 and not on XB1 and vice-versa) both have to offer the PS4 has 13 and the XB1 has 5 and both are fine with those numbers seeing as they have only been out for not even 6 months yet.  The Wii U a system that has been on the market for over a year it is supposed to have many. But then the average consumer again doesn't go and check meta scores before buying a game so that has to be taken into account.

Now I wasn't really giving you reasons to buy a PS4 as a Sony fan I was just giving you some examples as to why people may have chose to get it. But I see you were trying to get me convince you personally as a Nin fan. Right now there is no reason for you to get one if there are no games currently out or coming out in the near future that interest you. You seem to rely heavy on meta seeing as you keep mentioning it. And if that is what determines if you will buy a console or not then so be it that is how you roll and that is fine. EVERY game is unproven until it comes out so that statement goes for any and every game. GOW: A and Geow: J are examples. Just because the others were good that doesn't mean all of the games will be good. Personally I say wait on getting either system until they have more games available THEN make your choice...that's what I am doing anyway. I won't have a PS4 or an XB1 until sometime next year...but if you already see that the XB1 has more of the games you prefer and are more interested in the ones they have coming in the future then get it now. Oh and sorry OP for derailing the thread I will leave this alone now.

xxchachaXX said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

better to discuss with a rock XD

Gee...thanks for the input lol.

ethomaz said:
Guys... just leave he posted he knows nothing about what he is talking.

I stopped after first reply. His posting style is incredibly familiar.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

TheBlackNaruto said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

You asked what are reasons someone would choose to buy a PS4 over the others and I gave them to you. For you there is NO reason to get a PS4 because OBVIOUSLY it does not have any games that you seem to like. Was using the older games to give you an example of why people would chose to buy it. And wait so referencing the history of a system is sad in buying the next system? So you are a NIN fan and you bought say a Wii and a Wii U without even caring about or considering any of their past games? Bought it just for the "unproven" future games? We both know that is not the case. Now I do agree for those who have not played any of those games it is not an incentive.But then you have to ask that for every system...what is the incentive for those who have not played any of the past games for the ones that have been released? Other than advertising and word of mouth? And yes most of what I said is opinion because at the end of the day that's what it boils down to..opinion.

Looking at the number of exclusive retail titles availbe for the they have one "high" merit exclusive and that is Infamous: SS, looking at the XB1 it has 4 Titanfall, DR3, Forza 5 and PVZ:GW. Looking at ALL the "exclusives"(a game being on PS4 and not on XB1 and vice-versa) both have to offer the PS4 has 13 and the XB1 has 5 and both are fine with those numbers seeing as they have only been out for not even 6 months yet.  The Wii U a system that has been on the market for over a year it is supposed to have many. But then the average consumer again doesn't go and check meta scores before buying a game so that has to be taken into account.

Now I wasn't really giving you reasons to buy a PS4 as a Sony fan I was just giving you some examples as to why people may have chose to get it. But I see you were trying to get me convince you personally as a Nin fan. Right now there is no reason for you to get one if there are no games currently out or coming out in the near future that interest you. You seem to rely heavy on meta seeing as you keep mentioning it. And if that is what determines if you will buy a console or not then so be it that is how you roll and that is fine. EVERY game is unproven until it comes out so that statement goes for any and every game. GOW: A and Geow: J are examples. Just because the others were good that doesn't mean all of the games will be good. Personally I say wait on getting either system until they have more games available THEN make your choice...that's what I am doing anyway. I won't have a PS4 or an XB1 until sometime next year...but if you already see that the XB1 has more of the games you prefer and are more interested in the ones they have coming in the future then get it now. Oh and sorry OP for derailing the thread I will leave this alone now.

You're a bit confused. I asked what the incentives were. You provided none. The issue isn't about what the previous generation provided. The issue is what is the current gen providing now. I own a PS3 and I'm quite satisified with it. I bought a PS3 because of the sheer number of exclusives it had. The X360 had very very few. GoW and Halo were definitely on my radar, but Sony won me over. Games such as The Last of Us, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Uncharted and etc. I have no qualms with playing Sony exclusives. However, the games out for the PS4 now aren't killer games. They aren't the games that blow people away like Uncharted, Halo, or a 3D Mario. I'm not counting indie games, because I own a Wii U which utterly destroys both the PS4 and the Xbox One in regards to indie titles. Hands down.

My point is, the PS4 has nothing that makes it a better buy over the competition aside from being cheaper... Unless you can tell me something I don't already know.