By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Still believe XBO can't pass WiiU 2014?

Michael-5 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Michael-5 said:

Don't give me that attitude because I disagree with you. Your opinion =/= fact.

So ironic haha Am i giving you an attitude because you disagree with me or because youre calling me biased because you disagree with me?  Basically youre calling someone biased just because you dont agree with them.  Opinion =/= fact.   Very ironic

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Michael-5 said:

Your analysis is biased. XB1 numbers got a huge boost from Titanfall, but WiiU numbers have yet to get their huge boost from Mario Kart 8.

With that in mind, WiiU should continue to outsell XB1 at least for 2014.

I gave A huge boost to titanfall?  I said i based it off of X360 2006 trend as theyre tracking similar, and even then i lowered Xbox one numbers.  And while I  lowered xbox one I gave WiiU about an extra 250k considering last year from april  to september it sold roughlt 560k. But yes, it is a biased of course, it must be *sigh*

Your analysis is biased because it's "Based off of the numbers we know of March 22nd, 2014" With that it's based off the numbers including the boost from Titanfall, but WiiU has yet to get its boost from Mario Kart. Going to list invalid assumptions you made:

So not only will XB1 not surpass WiiU lifetime sales in 2014, it might not even surpass WiiU annual sales in 2014. Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise after all.

So this would put 2014 year end sales at:

9.6 - 11.9 million - WiiU
8.6 million - XB1

Well isn't that the flip side to the coin. I myself think it will be the first half of 2015 but then again there is a chance. As of now there is only a 1.9 million gap. In just 3 months X1 allready more then doubled WiiU 2014 sales. It isn't crazy to think X1 can't overtake 1.9 million within 9 months.

Titanfall fever can't last but it certainly is bumping up weekly X1 numbers way higher then WiiU is doing. That coupled with near constant retailer temporary price cuts where as Nintendo isn't in a position to do those. This will mean that now-fall will have a average gap of 40-50k.

Granted there are wild cards. Mario Kart and Smash Bros namely. However I must point to the Gamecube to say that the games may sell great but it won't effect hardware that much if said hardware isn't selling well.

That said, MS has their own wild cards that WiiU doesn't have: PS4/X1 multiplats that WiiU won't get, a vastly superior marketing budget, and a wave of temporary price cuts and bundles. Kinect Sports for the casuals and Halo 2 Anniversary for the core to name a couple exclusives. It really can go either way.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

JayWood2010 said:
Michael-5 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Michael-5 said:

Don't give me that attitude because I disagree with you. Your opinion =/= fact.

So ironic haha Am i giving you an attitude because you disagree with me or because youre calling me biased because you disagree with me?  Basically youre calling someone biased just because you dont agree with them.  Opinion =/= fact.   Very ironic

Giving me attitude cause you're using sarcasm.......since my arguement is soooo extreme.

Now instead of replying to me, you choose to critisize me. Why make a thread if you don't actually care about the responses when they don't match yours?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Q1 2015 is my guess. Sales in Europe have been very slow and Microsoft is taking way too long to launch in other countries. I don't think Titanfall will be able to sustain strong hardware sales after March. Kinect Sports Rivals will flop just like Wii Fit U. In terms of system sellers Microsoft doesn't really have anything until the Halo 2 remake.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Should well overtake the Wii u once a price drop hits. Not really something to be proud of though.

Around the Network

mario kart looks fantastic and the wii u hardware is ultra cheap to manufacture making a substantial price cut possible. Come September we may find Nintendo have announced a few great wii u bundles for christmas at a much more competitive price. With this in mind I think wii u will not be surpassed by xbox one this year. I think there will be momentum away from xbox one as the ps4 becomes the clear leader this generation.

The xbox one only has the USA, Canada and UK as viable markets and even those markets the ps4 will start to dominate.

The wii u can be sold at a price point that the xbox one has no chance of reaching for years.

There is nothing in the wii u component list of value. It has no hard drive. The gamepad screen is a super cheap resistive design. Even £30 android tablets have 7" capacitiance type screens.

The hardware itself is cheap to produce (The Wii I mean), but doesn't the gamepad cause the price to be 100-200 extra? I was under the impression the hardware alone was maybe 100$ and the gamepad was around 150? Even though I've seen lots of my local stores have the U marked at 250 instead of 300 for the pass 3-5 months though.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Christmas this year with games like Halo will be the final boost Xbox One needs.

I believe it will happen on the holiday. Wii U had been in it 2 years in a row without showing any pontential of selling huge, on the other hand, Xbox one have the pontential to sell huge this holiday season.considering US is the strongest market for Microsoft.

Michael-5 said:

Giving me attitude cause you're using sarcasm.......since my arguement is soooo extreme.

Now instead of replying to me, you choose to critisize me. Why make a thread if you don't actually care about the responses when they don't match yours?

If you notice im not replying to everybody in this thread. Or maybe you just thank you equal everybody, idk. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.  Again i replied to you because your attitude. Now move on.