By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Still believe XBO can't pass WiiU 2014?

Your analysis is biased. XB1 numbers got a huge boost from Titanfall, but WiiU numbers have yet to get their huge boost from Mario Kart 8.

With that in mind, WiiU should continue to outsell XB1 at least for 2014.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Never underestimate the potential for Wii U to disappoint.

It wont in 2014, MK+ SSB +Nintendo console at Christmas will easily beat the only good exclusive system seller XB1 have : Halo 2 remake.

Multiplatforms wont be as good system sellers as Titanfall for XB1 as long as PS4 exists

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

OdinHades said:
Wii U has Mario Kart. X1 does not. It won't happen this year. Maybe next year with Halo.

Halo could be this year and maybe next.

What I said in the other thread:

ironmanDX said:
Hmm, a tough one. Both have solid, hardware moving software on the way....

Holiday 2014, early 2015.

I'll stick to that.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Your analysis is biased. XB1 numbers got a huge boost from Titanfall, but WiiU numbers have yet to get their huge boost from Mario Kart 8.

I gave A huge boost to titanfall?  I said i based it off of X360 2006 trend as theyre tracking similar, and even then i lowered Xbox one numbers.  And while I  lowered xbox one I gave WiiU about an extra 250k considering last year from april  to september it sold roughlt 560k. But yes, it is a biased of course, it must be *sigh*

I think the WiiU will barely survive being outsold by the end of 2014

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

The shipment gap will be around 1m end of march, if anything thinks they're more or less going to ship the same for the next 9 months ... well. No.

If E3 is nearly as big as MS are making it out to be I think Holiday 2014 it will pass WiiU - otherwise early 2015

JayWood2010 said:
Michael-5 said:

I gave A huge boost to titanfall?  I said i based it off of X360 2006 trend as theyre tracking similar, and even then i lowered Xbox one numbers.  And while I  lowered xbox one I gave WiiU about an extra 250k considering last year from april  to september it sold roughlt 560k. But yes, it is a biased of course, it must be *sigh*

Don't give me that attitude because I disagree with you. Your opinion =/= fact.

Your analysis is biased because it's "Based off of the numbers we know of March 22nd, 2014" With that it's based off the numbers including the boost from Titanfall, but WiiU has yet to get its boost from Mario Kart. Going to list invalid assumptions you made:

1. Your 800k value for WiiU is way too low, Mario Kart could flip WiiU sales right on its head.

2. 360 sales inflated quite a bit during the holidays of 2006 because the PS3/Wii released, and people were more or less ready to get into the 7th gen (Plus PS2 wasn't as domineering). XB1 won't get this boost since it released last. Plus PS3 was a big flop at first so the media and hype was with the 360, where the media & hype are against the XB1 this time.

3. 360 only sold 3.6 million during it's Q4 2006, yet you give the XB1 5 million for Q4 2014? HOW??? WHY???

4. XB1 Q4 2014 <<<<< 360 Q4 2014 because Gears of War really pushed consoles in 2006. I doubt Microsoft has a heavy hitter new IP ready for fall again.

5. XB1 Q4 will be at best 3 million. It's selling 87% as well as 360 on a weekly average (ignoring Titanfall boost week), and there is no new IP like Gears of War.

Either way 0.5m + 1.2-2m + 2.5m-4m = 4.2-6.5 million for 2014 WiiU
and---------1.0m + 1.7m + 3 m = 5.7 million for 2014 for XB1

So not only will XB1 not surpass WiiU lifetime sales in 2014, it might not even surpass WiiU annual sales in 2014. Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise after all.

So this would put 2014 year end sales at:

9.6 - 11.9 million - WiiU
8.6 million - XB1

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results