By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Still believe XBO can't pass WiiU 2014?

The Xbox One will pass the Wii U in 2014. Even with games like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers U, I don't think people are interested in the Wii U and their sales will remain tepid. Xbox One has sold in strong numbers and I expect them to remain strong for a good long time.

Around the Network

I'll stick with by the end of 2014.

Yes and it will have more million unit selling games pretty soon also. Plus I'm pretty sure that there will be a holiday bundle that will pretty much guarantee that it will happen before the end of the year. Plus MS will announce a ton of new games at E3 and Nintendo not so much.

WiiU is trending for less than 10m LTD this year. XB1 has done 1m this Q alone, I failed to see how MS won't cut the price this holiday (or before) they need to be competitive with PS4. Which mean I also fail to see how it does less than 4m. Consoles with an audience just don't sell below that, XB1 showed what it could in the states last holiday.

Less than 7m this year for XB1 would not be great.

Based upon the current situation it would be like splitting hairs. Very close.

However, I'm not convinced the current conditions leading to a near even split by the end of 2014 will remain the same and that MS will likely resort to a price cut across the board (or a cheaper SKU) to spur sales and that the XB1 will likely benefit more by 2014 holiday sales than the Wii U.

Odds are in favor of the XB1 overtaking the Wii U in sales in 2014 considering the high probability of MS dropping prices.

All things considered, the XB1 has sold about 4m units at a $500 MSRP in about 4 months which is quite impressive.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I never believed that it wouldn't pass Wii U this year. Xbox One is tracking towards at least 10 mil this year, 11-12m if they drop the price down to $450 soon and then $400 before the Holiday season, or straight to $400 before the Tier 2 release in September.

Meanwhile Wii U will be lucky to hit 10m by the end of the year unless Nintendo is really smart and drops down to $200 before long and has a major 2014 surprise announcement at E3.

Like X coming holiday 2014.

If titanfall boosts the xbox one's sales permanently to 60 or 80k units weekly, then I think it could. If it falls back down to where it was a few weeks ago though, then I'm really doubting it.

I'm voting for Xbox One without hesitation.

Always believed it will, it's not guaranteed but I still see it as quite likely, people have been underestimating the One ever since new year's, it has shown that it is an actual saleable product underneath the price tag and ridiculous mandatory Kinect, with a sure-fire price cut in Q4 (the way I see it) and some more big games; it could do quite well for itself. Look at what Titanfall did almost on its own, there is obviously a market for it, whereas the Wii U has proven a challenge to sell even alongside system selling software and a price cut.
If it doesn't catch it in 2014, it sure won't be far into 2015 before it does.

lt_dan_27 said:
f it falls back down to where it was a few weeks ago though, then I'm really doubting it.

Xbox didnt really go below that.  When it was like that on VGC last month XBO was massively undertracked.  February  XBO sold 321k (average 80k weekly)