By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Still believe XBO can't pass WiiU 2014?

JayWood2010 said:
episteme said:
800k Wii U consoles between March and September is too low, that's around 30k on average. 

Last year WiiU sold about 600k from April-September.  

Last year it didn't have Mario Kart 8 among other things, so it'll definitely do better.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
episteme said:
800k Wii U consoles between March and September is too low, that's around 30k on average. 

Last year WiiU sold about 600k from April-September.  

Last year it didn't have Mario Kart 8 among other things, so it'll definitely do better.

I gave it an extra 200k.  Wanted to stick to the trends as much as possible so i didnt mess with them too much other than adding in a few things here and there(So in a way i did account for a Mario Kart Boost ).  As I mentioned i have XBO doing less than X360 during the same time frame.  

Really depends on MK8. Kind of the last bastion of hope for the Wii U.

At some point, it may happen. If the XBox One gets more killer aps than the Wii U, then there's a good chance it may happen. It probably may not happen for a year or two.

Mensrea said:
Really depends on MK8. Kind of the last bastion of hope for the Wii U.

If they just release the game and nothing else, then it'll only bump up the Wii U for a couple of weeks before dropping back down to lackluster sales again. Going by the 3DS, Mario Kart is in the same tier saleswise as NSMB and 3D Mario as they're all looking to sell +10 million on 3DS. However, 3D Mario and NSMB have already seen releases on Wii U, yet look at the sales, so it's not likely that Mario Kart 8 will do that much better. Now if they bundle it + price cut, then we might have something going, atleast enough to prevent the XBO from overtaking it this year.

Around the Network

I still believe it wont.

X1 will pass the WiiU in 2015.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Too early to tell. Maybe the XBO will eventually pass Wii U, but Mario Kart and the other games (But mostly MK and SSB4) coming for Wii U might boost it enough time as for not being surpassed before the end of the year. But a lot of things happen in thsi market so we can never tell, maybe Nintendo or Microsoft has some heavy surprises for E3 hyping their consoles or something, so the only thing we can do is sit and wait.

HylianSwordsman said:

I remember that thread. I had thought the XBOne would have passed the Wii U already by now. Now I'm starting to think it might take until the holidays to do so.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of a different "when will XBO pass Wii U" thread from December. Still, unless Mario Kart gives a really big permanent boost to Wii U sales, Wii U will fall to third place by or during holidays 2014. I'm just glad it's held on this long.

5 months and counting?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Using the trend I have in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051 I think its still possible XBO will pass WiiU this year. Though it will heavily depend on if WiiU games much from MK8. To me that is the biggest factor of all.