By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

ethomaz said:
DerNebel said:

So 370k first week for Infamous

Final fantasy X/X-2: 147k(PS3)/42k(PSV)

Second week Titanfall: 129k (X1; -77,7%)/15k (PC; -72%)

Second week Dark Souls: 31k(PS3; -80%)/32k(360; -78%)

This is UK only.

US, but thanks I'll edit the post

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
am I missing something? people keep saying the XBone held over 100k and the PS4 is over 200K.

I'm seeing:

Xbone: USA 74,957, EU 23,037, JP 0 = 97,994
PS4: USA 88,740 EU 72,389 JP 31,516 = 192,645

Rest of the world ;)

So...for US just 370k for Infamous, a 80% drop for Titanfall, no console reaching 100k....DOOOOOOMMM.

Now, seriously, I expected more for PS4 and less for Xbox One, so bad for Sony and good for Microsoft i guess...

Infamous should end around 650-750k WW without counting digital, a very very good number for the franchise. I expect the game has legs because the game is fun as hell.

Titanfall made its job in the impressive 1st week. With a console with just 4m units sold everywhere it will be normal to drop a lot next weeks, but was ultimately a system-seller for Microsoft.

FF X/X-2 HD for PS3 and PSV did worse than i expected. 190k combining both systems is just disappointing. I think launching near Dark Souls, Titanfall and Infamous SS didn't help either....

Edit: Very good numbers for MGS GZ, 280k reail sales in all systems. Konami is going to be very happy with just a "demo". 3:1 ratio for PS4 over Xbox One....

Microsoft, desperate price cutting digital bundle of titanfall and over kill advertising led to a +23k boost over ps4

Sony, just release infamous and better stock availability leads to +100k boost over Xbox1

if numbers are correct this means infamous is a better system seller than titanfall

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Microsoft, desperate price cutting digital bundle of titanfall and over kill advertising led to a +23k boost over ps4

Sony, just release infamous and better stock availability leads to +100k boost over Xbox1

if numbers are correct this means infamous is a better system seller than titanfall

Well, Infamous is exclusive, Titanfall isn't :)

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

it means ps4 is a better system seller than an actual game xD

MS is hanging pretty close to Sony in North America, but Europe and obviously Japan seem like a lost cause. That said the PS4 will probably baseline in Japan at a lower rate probably more like 15k/week, but still the WW gap is going to be large.

BenVTrigger said:
The PS4 increase doesn't have all that much to do with Infamous honestly. The main factor is the large number of shipments Sony sent out.

Wow that means that supply is still an issue for ps4 in the us? How high is the demand exactly? Would sales be even higher with better supply?

OT: what I thought was interesting is that x1 outsold ps4 on titanfall week compared to infamous week in the US...momentum shifting to x1 in the us perhaps given software offering...possible IMO.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

For some reason I can't see the global graph, but I can see the rest.

Only a ~25% drop for Xb one in USA. That's a very good hold and quite close to PS4. Next week will be very interesting, even if PS4 supply is fairly high, the rate of decline for Xb one should be slower as the price cut (official or otherwise) will tend to keep Xb one sales afloat. Looks like UK sales are also staying reasonably strong for Xb one as the Europe sales have remained above the pre-TF launch, but more or less the only boost Xb one got from TF was in the UK.

Very impressed with PS4 staying in the 29-31K range in Japan. Most people, including me, were picking PS4 to settle in the 15K zone in Japan given the rate of decline from week 1-3. But perhaps PS4 will sit in the mid20s to low 30s long term.

PS3 still holding up pretty well. Japan is single handedly keeping PSV relevant. It's the one market that's preventing PSV from being declared as doomed as Wii U. And USA is doing its level best to single handedly stop Wii U from being completely buried. Wii U is doing early gen PS3-like numbers in Japan, only at half the price and with more games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pezus said:
inFAMOUS sales will be interesting. I'm expecting around 700k+

Vita keeps rising. Next week could be as high as 80k.

700k first week? That seems kinda high. Even with it being a post-launch titles, inFamous have never had particularly big openings (though good legs). Still, you never know.