By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

Vita just needs some Western support and it'll be good to go. Finally it is stable in Japan, which makes me happy. USA and Europe sales are dismal. It really is sad...

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
Skeeuk said:
Microsoft, desperate price cutting digital bundle of titanfall and over kill advertising led to a +23k boost over ps4

Sony, just release infamous and better stock availability leads to +100k boost over Xbox1

if numbers are correct this means infamous is a better system seller than titanfall

Well, Infamous is exclusive, Titanfall isn't :)

Well, Titanfall is a timed exclusive on console marketed as an exclusive to the public, and it's  a FPS marketed as the FPS made by COD developers,  Infamous isnt :o))

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Grats on not making any point whatsoever

Shinobi-san said:
BenVTrigger said:
The PS4 increase doesn't have all that much to do with Infamous honestly. The main factor is the large number of shipments Sony sent out.

Wow that means that supply is still an issue for ps4 in the us? How high is the demand exactly? Would sales be even higher with better supply?

OT: what I thought was interesting is that x1 outsold ps4 on titanfall week compared to infamous week in the US...momentum shifting to x1 in the us perhaps given software offering...possible IMO.

Maybe, but if inFamous isn't really a system seller (and an 80 metacritic rating, along with the fact it's not a wildly popular franchise in the first place) suggests it isn't really (as much as I'd like it to be), then the inFamous effect isn't really a factor in the momentum stakes. and TBH I think TF has done it's dash for Xb one, being a multiplatform game with a PC version that is by most accounts the definitive version for the game, and can be played on relatively low spec'd PCs which makes it very accessible in the PC market. However the major momentum factor is the fact that Xb one is now effectively cheaper than PS4 in the USA. (Xb one + free game </= PS4 + bundled game < PS4 + game bought separately.

MS is setting itself up nicely to significantly undercut PS4 if they put out a Kinectless sku. The question is will they?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

double post

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

And to all of those that mocked me for saying Titanfall wasn't going to do jack squat after week one, who's laughing now?

Great numbers. I had a blast playing through InFamous and I hope everyone else does too.

prayformojo said:
And to all of those that mocked me for saying Titanfall wasn't going to do jack squat after week one, who's laughing now?

We're trying to see if it would help it catch up to PS4, which it's not doing.

Sony fans get mad with any Microsoft or NINTENDO sucess its pitiful and the ps4 isn't that great

zelda09 said:
Sony fans get mad with any Microsoft or NINTENDO sucess its pitiful and the ps4 isn't that great

Funny thing since it sounds like you're the one that's mad. Even taking a jab at the system, stay classy.