By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

ethomaz said:

pezus said:

And a price cut, basically.

I am sure many people bought a PS4 for inFAMOUS this week though. After all, people buy consoles for the games, right?

The consensus in this site is that PS4 has no gamez... so it is selling due I don't know.

For the same reason ps3 sold units @ 600 dollar LOL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

132,051 vs. 220,349 is a 66% increase week over week.

jlmurph2 said:

Sorry im on my phone and have no reason to search for quotes. This comes up in Software sales comparisons when X1 sells more than PS4 in US.

So one region?

You guys sure know how to cherry pick data.

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:

FFX did release for this week right? Nobody concerned about HW boost in US+Europe? Might be undertracked

FFX is also on PS3 though so won't affect Vita sales by much.

Still its one of 3 biggest games for vita in US+Europe within the first half of the year.

pezus said:
kirby007 said:
ethomaz said:

pezus said:

And a price cut, basically.

I am sure many people bought a PS4 for inFAMOUS this week though. After all, people buy consoles for the games, right?

The consensus in this site is that PS4 has no gamez... so it is selling due I don't know.

For the same reason ps3 sold units @ 600 dollar LOL

And One at 500 LOL

Kinect?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Sorry im on my phone and have no reason to search for quotes. This comes up in Software sales comparisons when X1 sells more than PS4 in US.

So one region?

You guys sure know how to cherry pick data.

Im not cherry picking anything, im just telling you that when NPD data comes out, people like to throw out the free games as an excuse. 

ktay95 said:
EB1994 said:

Wow just noticed Vita 65? That's actually pretty good...

Yeah Vita and 3DS are going neck and neck in Japan now which has really helped it. By next year I think Vita will start to consistently outsell 3DS in Japan.

You are being REALLY optimistic here. That said, I hope the Vita does well.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Jay70sgamer said:
@welfare....lol mario kart and super smash said hi.....you said by end of year xbox one should easily outsell wii u... I disagree on that ...yes titanfall is boosting xbox one at this time but once mario kart 8 arrives watch how many wii u's fly off the shelves worldwide ....I see mario kart 8 if properly advertised sell over a million software and at least 200000 to 300000 thousand console boost first week ...more than titanfall 900,000

Lol. Kinect Sports Rivals, Halo 2 Anniversary, Forza Horizon 2, $100 price drop, and new SKU's say hi. For all we know, MK8 will only sell to the ~6 million Wii U onwers that will already have one, just look at Titanfall. 900k sales week 1, but only 150k Xbox Ones were sold the same week. MK8 will have the Wii U hover around +120k for a week, then stay below 90k untill the Holidays/SSB come out.

The notion that MK8 and SSB will save the Wii U is bonkers. Did Double Dash and Melee help the Gamecube that much, a console that is tracking ahead of the Wii U launches aligned? MK8 and SSB will push some Wii U's, but will only sell to consumers that have bought a Wii U already.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

bananaking21 said:
EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

sTOCK. ;P

You can keep saying that but stock wasn't the only factor for high sales.

when you think about it, PS4 sales increase due to stock is actually a good thing. shows that PS4 doesnt need infamous to sell. infamous just helps it sell a tad more. let him keep downplaying infamous but in doing so he will be saying a great deal about the PS4, which in all honesty, is something rare from sales. 

Well you summed up my thoughts. Yes, I am aware PS4 is so popular it doesn't even need games to sell, which is very commendable.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I believe the PS4 in NA has won more 'per week sales' against the One then the PS3 all generation against the 360; so any downplaying of the 4's success is playing to the fanboyism that tend to run wild here. The PS4 will double its marketshare from the PS3 in NA, maintain its lead in Europe and have Japan as icing on the cake. The PS4 already has close to 10% of its prior userbase in just 4 months time, something the Wii U has yet to achieve with 16 months on the market, cheaper price, two main line mario games and a new donkey kong.

For a system with no games, lack of multimedia features, falling behind the wii u in japan and what ever excuse people throw at it, its doing swimmingly well.

For Vita, ill wait for NPD, like others said, outside stock issues, a game of FFX calibur should have shifted more units.