By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

sTOCK. ;P

You can keep saying that but stock wasn't the only factor for high sales.

when you think about it, PS4 sales increase due to stock is actually a good thing. shows that PS4 doesnt need infamous to sell. infamous just helps it sell a tad more. let him keep downplaying infamous but in doing so he will be saying a great deal about the PS4, which in all honesty, is something rare from sales. 

Around the Network

What's most impressive about PS4 numbers is this only accounts for one day of sales after Infamous SS dropped. I'd assume the numbers will be higher for this upcoming week.

@welfare....lol mario kart and super smash said hi.....you said by end of year xbox one should easily outsell wii u... I disagree on that ...yes titanfall is boosting xbox one at this time but once mario kart 8 arrives watch how many wii u's fly off the shelves worldwide ....I see mario kart 8 if properly advertised sell over a million software and at least 200000 to 300000 thousand console boost first week ...more than titanfall 900,000

Vita selling good!
But i really hope NA and EU follow,atm selling 15k combined in both regions :(.

Sign this petition please if you want GTA san andreas on PS Vita:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-games-port-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-to-the-playstation-vita

And please spread it to various sites/forums etc.

Upcoming notable indies for PS Vita:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176225&

Vita US #s are 5,133???? Last week was 4,969. Thats such a low boost (up by around 150)for one of the biggest game releases (first half of year)

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
Blood_Tears said:
Ahh there's the reality check! Awesome PS4 sales, over 200k, now that's a boost! :)

Its actually not that much of a boost. Yeah its over 200k but its not the 108% boost that X1 received. 

Percentages are deceiving. Seems to me like they both got the same boost in pure numbers, or thereabouts. PS4 boost was mostly due to the new inFAMOUS-related PS4 stock coming in though

True, while X1 boost was just Titanfall

And a price cut, basically. 

I am sure many people bought a PS4 for inFAMOUS this week though. After all, people buy consoles for the games, right?

Yup. I'm sure the X1 boost was because of Titanfall...Nothing due to a 50-100$ price cut lmao. Titan fall was basically given out for free.

Edit - and according to some, people buy consoles just to look at them in their home. Nothing to do with the games. Boosts come from stock, not games! Derp!

The Titanfall boost was before the price drop. 

I hear mostly from PS fans that PS4 doesn't need games to sell since it has all those free games. And then the usual list is given.

EB1994 said:
theprof00 said:
Can someone write the numbers in a post? For some reason the browser isn't showing the images.

PSP - 12,044

X360 - 29,371

PS3 - 60,106

Wii - 9,281

3DS - 120,699

PSV - 65,434

Wii U - 39,376

PS4 - 220,349

XOne - 112,513

whoa not bad all around. Do we have a sales comparison year over year? Certainly the market must be up.
PS3 @ 60k is impressive as is psv at 65.
3ds nicely at 120k
All next gen consoles doing well.
PS4 is a beast. Close to a quarter million in one week, and I bet it's undertracked on top of it.

Is this week Xbone numbers factoring in the price drops that happened? If so the true base numbers would be lower than this right?

ethomaz said:

gergroy said:

the consensus?  what site are you visiting?  it certainly isn't this one...

Just today I saw more than 10 guys saying that in this site (my thread title was created because this little coincidence)

ok, so 10 guys say it means that it is the general opinion of everybody on this site? 

chase123 said:
Vita selling good!
But i really hope NA and EU follow,atm selling 15k combined in both regions :(.

Dont combine them, Europe is doing ok, its US thats terrible