Forums - Gaming Discussion - Making KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD as exclusives makes no sense

ParryWinkle said:

I'd think FFXV would be released around 2015 or even 2016 but we would have to wait till E3 to see. Considering KH3 is "now in development" according to last E3 and Nomura himself said KH3 is very far from being complete would make me believe it wouldn't get released till 2016 or even 2017. 

Bold 2: Where are you getting this from? It's possible for the Xbone to sell 7m this year alone but I don't think it will continue its trend.

Bold 3: That's a very optimisitc view.

I agree with you on KH3's release date, it'll be 2015 at best, 2017 at worst.

I'm getting it from the fact that the Xbox One is outselling the 360 on a weekly basis during it's first year so far, and the 360 sold about 6 million during 2006 (it's first full year), so the Xbox One should sell at least 6-7 million this year, possibly even more considering the fact that the Xbox One still has more countries to release in (360 had released in more countries by this point in the year) and a possible pre-Holiday price drop (the 360 had no pre-Holiday price drop it's first year).

Around the Network

I realised this was a Zero thread just by reading the heading. I clicked just to confirm it

ps3-sales! said:
Zero999 said:

And this move hurts gamers.

Hate to break it to you but businesses care about money not the gamers.

it doesnt make business sense AND hurts gamers.

shikamaru317 said:

I agree with you on KH3's release date, it'll be 2015 at best, 2017 at worst.

I'm getting it from the fact that the Xbox One is outselling the 360 on a weekly basis during it's first year so far, and the 360 sold about 6 million during 2006 (it's first full year), so the Xbox One should sell at least 6-7 million this year, possibly even more considering the fact that the Xbox One still has more countries to release in (360 had released in more countries by this point in the year) and a possible pre-Holiday price drop (the 360 had no pre-Holiday price drop it's first year).

I honestly won't argue with you on that because it could go either way. Still, I would find it hard to believe KH3 will sell 1m on the Xbone when most multiplat JRPGS have a hard time hitting 1m on the 360 which obviously would have had more consoles sold than the Xbone. Only time will tell.

I welcome FF and KH coming to other platforms because I think other people should enjoy great games without forking out $$$.

plz dont hate me

oniyide said:
its not that xbox is not a good place for JRPGs its just that PS is a MUCH better place for them.

bold: comparing to xbox, yes, but it's an irrelevant fact.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

It's called the "shooterbox" not because of the sales of games, but because of what games are notable on the console. Skyrim, Batman, Indies.....those are available on both consoles, so they're no more definitive of one console over the other. I guess I was incorrect to  list Red  Dead, Skyrim, etc. in that regard. But compare both consoles. What games do you know the system for?

Because the drop menus are ordered by sales, this is just what I'm going by when I scroll down: for PS3, there's Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Metal Gear, LBP, God of War, Last of Us, Resistance, Motorstorm, Killzone, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, MAG, KH1.5, Virtua Fighter, Warhawk, Demon's Souls and Naruto, and that's just the over million sellers list.

On 360, there's Halo, Gears, Fable, Kinect stuff, Forza, Left 4 Dead, Crackdown, PGR, Alan Wake....and those were the only exclusive series I could find on the first page 200 games.

Look at the two lists. If we stretch the word "shooter", since you did so to say GTA is one, of 19 games or series that are only on PS3 and PS3 owner bought the most, 12 are non-shooters (I counted Uncharted, TLOU, Resistance, KZ, MAG, and Warhawk as shooters). Of the 9 games/series that are only on X360 and X360 owners bought the most, 4 of them are shooters (I counted Halo, Gears, L4D, and Crackdown as shooters). It hurts the 360 more because there's less to choose from, but near 50% of games or franchises you can only get on 360 (that you guys actually bought) are shooters. Hence why it's called the "shooterbox". Obviously there's games like N3 and Lost Odyssey, but those games aren't the perception people have when they think "Xbox", and the sales show it

GTA and Gears Shooter and Uncharted not shooter? Just wow.

Plus, the console with most exclusive Indies and Arcade is X360.

Perception that you think people have, is the perception of people that probably don't have a Xbox.

The only FPS and TPS that I have right now are Crackdown and Halo. I mostly play Fifa, fighting games, Arcade games (Max and dozens of exclusive to Xbox like Iron Brigade), Simulators( Ace Combat 6, Forza), Max Payne, Mass Effect, etc...

Some platforms just aren't the target audience for a game like Kingdom Hearts. It's a "kiddy game" remember?

And the day Sora gets a 5 o'clock shadow goatee, 10 pack a day voice, and starts scratching his balls to appeal to that market is the day I quit gaming.

I guess porting is too expensive and a 80 million install base is more than enough to ensure a good profit. also, the hardcore fans of the games will even buy a PS3 to play it, so, why bother?
Wide spread releases make sense in wide spread appeal games, the niche stuff have always very loyal fans, like me buying a Xbox One to play Dead Rising 3 or wanting a WiiU to play ZombiU.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

They don't make sense as PS3 exclusives. I am pretty sure those games would work pretty nicely as  Xbox 360 Ouya exclusives!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Zero999 said:
ps3-sales! said:
Zero999 said:

And this move hurts gamers.

Hate to break it to you but businesses care about money not the gamers.

it doesnt make business sense AND hurts gamers.

This is the last time I'm going to break this down for you. Very simplistically this time. 

Sony + Money to Square = exclusive deal

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros