By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Making KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD as exclusives makes no sense

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is scattered among several consoles: ps2, GBA, psp, DS and 3DS. Because of that, it's probable that only some diehard fans have played all the games in the franchise. With that in mind, it makes complete sense to develop two HD collections, featuring 6 out of 7 games in the franchise. What makes piss poor sense is to make said collections exclusive to one platform. it's completely counter productive to the basic idea of allowing several people who couldn't play all the titles to do so. it's even a great option to bring new fans but the potential get's wasted.

The correct move would be releasing 1.5 and 2.5 on both Wii U, xbox 360 and ps3, allowing the biggest possible audience to play those six games and get ready for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Around the Network

OK EVERYONE THIS IS WHERE IT BEGINS.
TIME TO RALLY TOGETHER FOR KH 1.5 & 2.5 HD COLLECTIONS ON VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO'S WITH ME??

I suspect that at the time, Square Enix and Sony signed some sort of contracts regarding KH1, KH2, FFX, etc. to keep them exclusive to Playstation. That's my take on it.

We are talking about SE... everthing what they do makes no sense...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

WiiU and PS ? Yup, that would make sense.

But 360 ? Just check the sales of any Japanese game on the console, including JRPGs.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

i think this is the first time i've ever agreed with you...

...especially when we already know that kh3 is multiplat for ps4 and xbone.

Square got paid by Apple to sow chaos in the console and handheld markets
Evil Apple

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Of the four games featured in the collections, all four were on Sony platforms (I know Chain of Memories was on GBA first, but the PS2 version was different). I'm guessing it's easier to port and upgrade the games to the PS3 than other systems, or maybe Sony just signed a deal to keep them exclusive.

Sony payed for exclusivity. What's the big deal?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dadrik said:
WiiU and PS ? Yup, that would make sense.

But 360 ? Just check the sales of any Japanese game on the console, including JRPGs.

bold: I know, but if they're gonna bother with KH 3 on Xone, it doesn't make sense to warm the fanbase with those collections.