By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Making KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD as exclusives makes no sense

No. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were only on the PS2. So stop crying,

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
WiiU and PS ? Yup, that would make sense.

But 360 ? Just check the sales of any Japanese game on the console, including JRPGs.

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Kingdom Hearts PS2 2002 Role-Playing Sony Computer Entertainment 3.64 1.20 0.94 0.07 5.85
2 Kingdom Hearts II PS2 2005 Role-Playing Square Enix 2.20 0.58 1.12 0.17 4.07

Yeah I’m glad Square Enix had that Kingdom Hearts player survey recently so I got to call them out on this at every opportunity within the survey( also got to ask for a way finder among other things for future kh collector edition’s). If they were going to make it ps3 only they may as well of just released KH: 1, 2, RE COM,BBS under PS2/PSP Classics on PSN instead and had the developers make a new game.

I never understand when sequels jump to different platforms, even less so when its from console to handheld.

yeah, should've been multiplat...luckily I have a PS3 so I wont have to miss out ^.^

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
WiiU and PS ? Yup, that would make sense.

But 360 ? Just check the sales of any Japanese game on the console, including JRPGs.

Sales of japanese games on the console prove you wrong, actually.

I agree with you on this one. But there is nothing we can do, they will remain exclusives. Thank god I have a PS3!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Why stop at those consoles? Why not just release it on all formats? Vita, PS4, Xbox One and PC. What do you mean because of development costs and maximising profits?

Hmm, pie.

well in the end there only going to hurt theme sleves since for those that have only owned a xbox and have never played a KH game may not buy it since they have no idea whats so ever what is happning

IMO they did right.

For SE the only console that have fanbase + demographic + install base + good hardware weekly sales is the PS3.

Xbox 360 lacks of fanbase and demographic(too much dudebros,too little JRPG gamers)

It's is a Fact that JRPG don't sell great on Xbox 360.Plus,Kingdom hearts fanbase is on the Sony and/or nintendo consoles.So is a waste of money port to X360.

WiiU lacks of install base(it's new) and good hardware sales(40k weekly).