By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 or PS4: Which has the better exclusives now?

TheBlackNaruto said:

True right now the Wii U has more games for sure....but the question was asked about the PS4/XB1 that's why the Wii U was not mentioned lol. And the arcade/true exclusive thing si silly....if you are comparing a PS4 to a XB1 then all that matter is if it is on one and not the other. Though I understand the entire "true exclusive" thing and the "arcade" thing none the less. If you are looking at the librarys of the PS4/XB1 then you are looking at games that are on one system and not the other.

For the same reason that I wouldn't count Trine 2 for PS4/WiiU, I wouldn't count Titanfall for XB1/360/PC.

The reason is simple, anyone willing to buy a console now probably already owns a console now or is planning on buying something else. For me, I own a 360, have a capable PC, and am planning on buying a WiiU. Most XB1 owners have a 360, and most people have a decent PC (don't need to run Titanfall on high).

So when comparing PS4 to XB1 for most people, it's important to only enclude experiences exclusive to the platform. I'm not buying an XB1 for Titanfall, but I might for Halo in the future.

-----

In this sense, XB1 and PS4 are about tied. If you really like KI, Dead Rising, and Forza, and want more then get an XB1. If you loved Killzone/InFamous for PS3, get a PS4. We won't see a big difference between the two for a few years, remember the 360 was a strong platform until 2009, so I expect similar competition this gen.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
alabtrosMyster said:

Well now that Titanfall is out of the way, is anyone still playing it almost two weeks after release? on xbox one? (because it's not 100% pure exclusive)

The PS4 has more games, better version of the multi-platform titles and arguably the better library so far... if exclusives are what really counts, go play Infamous:SS, you have to be a non gamer to not like this game, the action is just perfect, and it looks way better than anything ever made, I think it's the only game released on either system that does not need an asterisk when you say it's amazing, it is in every way, let me give you some examples for each system:

Killzone:SF: it's amazing*
*well, about half the missions are boring (especially the times when you float or fly in some way), it feels a bit rushed.

Ryse: it's amazing*
*it's boring as hell, you barely need to hold the controller to finish it, it's more a tech demo than an actual game.

Knack: it's amazing*
*a bit on the repetitive side, the story is not that interesting, even my 5 years old nephew prefered the Lego game.

Forza 5: it's amazing*
*Doesn't look nearly as good as MS wants you to believe, has fewer cars and tracks than previous games in the series, riddled with micro transactions... 

Titanfall: it's amazing*
*You need to be a member of the Gold service to even consider playing it (it makes the game much more expensive than 60$, if this is your only MP title), it doesn't have that many maps, doesn't run that well on the xb1, the campaign is a joke, can't customize the titans... it's fun, but certainly did not warrant that much hype.

Add to this that the PS4 has had a constant stream of smaller indie titles, I would not say go get the PS4 for the indies! but I certainly enjoyed having those games around and played the free ones.

Same goes for Warframe, it's f2p (yes you can buy upgrades etc.) it's an honest good game, not going to rock the world of gaming, but I know people who got hooked on it, it's there for everyone to play, no need to be a member of the + service and it's 100% MP.

This is about how I feel about the 8th gen. More stuff coming to the WiiU/PS3, so I'm sticking back.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

papamudd said:
JayWood2010 said:

Xbox One for retail and first party and PS4 for indies and ports.  This is everything above 70.  Knack, ryse, and all those ftp games are around 60 and below for a reason

Ryse got below a 70??? WTF? That game looked damn good to me... also knack is highly underrated... I've only played the demo in store, but my son loved it and it looked like a lot of fun

I enjoyed Ryse but i gave it a 67.  The story is a big let down and unless you play it on hard(WHich i did) it is kind of boring. ON hard it is fun which ive heard the same about KNack but my guess is most plays games on normal

Michael-5 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Michael-5 said:

WiiU - Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country and soon Mario Kart 8

-----

The other two I have little to no interest in. XB1 has Forza 5 & KI3, both severely conent lacking games, not worth a $500 console. PS4 has InFamous and that's it.

See but this is also a false post...they have little to no interest to YOU. XB1 has Ryse, Forza 5, PvZ GW, KI3, DR3 etc. Ps4 has InFamous, KZ:SF, Knack, Resougun, Warframe, Don't Starve etc...

Just because nothing else is of interest to one person it does not mean they are not of interest to others. Hence the reason you name all of the games not just the ones you feel are "okay". Not attacking you or singling you out...but the cherry picking on this site has got to stop it is crazy now lol.(Again not singling you out just speaking in general)

None of those XB1/PS4 exclusives have a particularly high metacritic, it's more then just unappealing to me, XB1 & PS4 lack good exclusives.

Let's look at the metascores for exclusives above 70 (if I go below that WiiU's list will be too long)

86 - Titanfall (not a true exclusive)
80 - Forza 5
78 - Dead Rising 3
76 - Plants vs. Zombies (not a true exclusive)
73 - Killer Instinct (Arcade)
72 - Max (Arcade)
71 - Xbox Fitness (not even sure)

84 - Resogun (Arcade)
84 - Trine 2 (not a true exclusive)
80 - InFamous SS
78 - Strider (Arcade)
75 - DC Universe (not a true exclusive)
73 - Killzone

So XB1 has 2 worthwhile exclusives plus 1 Console console exclusive. That's 3 games for XB1. (Ryse didn't even chart) PS4 isn't much worse with 2 true exclusives.

Now lets look at WiiU:

93 - Super Mario 3D World
90 - Wind Waker HD (remake)
87 - Pikmin 3
84 - Trine 2 (not a true exclusive)
84 - New Super Mario Bros. U
83 - Donkey Kong Country TF
78 - Wonderful 101
77 - NintendoLand
77 - Zombie U
77 - New Super Luigi U (Arcade)
72 - Wii Fit U
71 - Scribblenauts Unmasked (not a true exclusive)

WiiU has 7 true exclusives + 1 console exclusive. WiiU has 8 worthwhile games, more then PS4 + XB1 combined!

Plus to ignore bias, look at the scores. PS4 and XB1's best exclusive are an 8/10, WiiU has 4 exclusives with a higher score then that. As for as I see it, WiiU is the only worthwhile 8th gen system so far. Get Titanfall for PC/360 if you really want it, same with Plants vs. Zombies.

----

Plus if I make the cut-off at 80, instead of 70, PS4 + XB1 only have 2 exclusives, where WiiU has 5. At this range WiiU has more then double the exclusives PS4 + XB1 have combined.

On the PS4 and Xbox Ones second year, they would've outdone that list that the Wii U has. Sorry to say, but its true. 

I'll just say this and end my time on this page. If you like soft single player with strong multiplayer, the Xbox is the console for you right now. If you like strong single player story games with light multiplayer the PS4 is for you right now.

Around the Network

Anything we say here is totally subjective.

What we can go on though is the vote from the masses, and they have said loud and clear that PS4 has the best games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

foodfather said:
Yeah, XO easily has the PS4 beat to shit on the console exclusives front.

In your opinion. The franchise that Microsoft is resting on wont stay exclusive forever. Remember that. Nothing of worth that Sony has is going to Microsoft.

JayWood2010 said:

I enjoyed Ryse but i gave it a 67.  The story is a big let down and unless you play it on hard(WHich i did) it is kind of boring. ON hard it is fun which ive heard the same about KNack but my guess is most plays games on normal

Have you played the Project Spark beta yet? How is that?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

papamudd said:
JayWood2010 said:

Have you played the Project Spark beta yet? How is that?

It is very impressive.  Couldnt believe some of the stuff people were making.   Has a lot of potential, just needs to iron out some of its bugs before the officiolly release it.

3d World destroys 'em all.  I don't have a PS4 or a Xbox One, but I did get a chance to play the launch titles at a friend's house, so I am going with the Xbox One because Dead Rising 3 is pretty cool!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---