By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4, the GREATEST controller of all time.

Is the Dualshck 4 the greatest controller of all time.

Dualshock 4 446 47.00%

Sega Dreamcast Controller 21 2.21%

NES Controller 18 1.90%

Dualshock 3 27 2.85%

XBox 360 Controller 191 20.13%

N64 Controller 34 3.58%

Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller 4 0.42%

Other 208 21.92%

Total:949
JazzB1987 said:

the analog stick disaster alone disqualifies it as best controller ever so your topic misses a "NOT" at the end of the sentence.

Also Nintendo's Wiimote speaker = gimmick
Sony doing it years later = cool

I never said that sony did it 1st or that it was a gimmick or not. What I said was the way the Dualshock 4 combines  the Touch Pad, Speaker features is what makes it so awesome.

I dont think the Wii-Mote ever used that feature of the speaker to a vast extent as does the DS4.  Plus to me the Wii-Mote was not very precice at all, which is why its not on many gamers favorite controllers list. 

The DS4 is not perfect, but with all its features, Share button, Touch Pad, Headphones jack, Caved L2/R2 buttons, Internal Speaker, Internal Rechargable battery, light weight, comfort in the hands, is why I think its the best controller that I have ever seen.

Around the Network

I actually enjoyed it a lot less than I thought I would. Feels kind of like a cheap DS3 controller. Plus those wearing down analog sticks.

DC pad is still my favorite.

If the 360 had a better D pad and the battery pack was more flush and not bulging out it would be a closer battle. But the PS4 takes the cake with the only real flaw being battery life only lasting 8-10 hours for me.

#1 my secret fetish

#2 Wavebird, back then it fitted perfectly in my hands, these days its a bit to small

#3 X360 controller, great fit, difference between LB and LT was brilliant!

#4 orginal dualshock, sturdy as hell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sabastian said:
JazzB1987 said:

the analog stick disaster alone disqualifies it as best controller ever so your topic misses a "NOT" at the end of the sentence.

Also Nintendo's Wiimote speaker = gimmick
Sony doing it years later = cool

I never said that sony did it 1st or that it was a gimmick or not. What I said was the way the Dualshock 4 combines  the Touch Pad, Speaker features is what makes it so awesome.

I dont think the Wii-Mote ever used that feature of the speaker to a vast extent as does the DS4.  Plus to me the Wii-Mote was not very precice at all, which is why its not on many gamers favorite controllers list. 

The DS4 is not perfect, but with all its features, Share button, Touch Pad, Headphones jack, Caved L2/R2 buttons, Internal Speaker, Internal Rechargable battery, light weight, comfort in the hands, is why I think its the best controller that I have ever seen.

It's your opinion and you're welcome to it.  Why some people feel they can prove you wrong...I just don't know what to say.  For me, the Xbox One, the DS4, and even the Wii U's two controllers have gotten so much so right, I can't choose a winner.  Wish the Wii U pad had analog triggers and stronger rumble, though.  It still stacksu up favorably to the other two though thanks to the other bells and whistles.

You've found your clear cut favorite.  That's fine with me.

Around the Network

" Other " is at 109 votes. I wonder which controller has the most votes in that bracket.

sabastian said:
" Other " is at 109 votes. I wonder which controller has the most votes in that bracket.

PlaystationMove lol

Never personally handled a DS4, but it looks like Sony made some great changes from the mediocre DS3.

As for my personal favorites, I really enjoy the 360, XB1, GameCube, and Wii U Pro controllers. All very comfortable and well-built, except for the 360's d-pad.. that thing is terrible.

For Me xbox one Controller is the best one. Fits yoru hand perfectly,, feels comfortable and teh analog sticks don't slip off when playign games for too long plus teh battery life ofr the xbox one controller is phenominal .. One thign i want the dualschock 4 controller to improve,, is the battery life. Its shockingly low !