By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4, the GREATEST controller of all time.

Is the Dualshck 4 the greatest controller of all time.

Dualshock 4 446 47.00%

Sega Dreamcast Controller 21 2.21%

NES Controller 18 1.90%

Dualshock 3 27 2.85%

XBox 360 Controller 191 20.13%

N64 Controller 34 3.58%

Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller 4 0.42%

Other 208 21.92%

Total:949

For me it's 3 controllers in no real order.
Genesis Six Button/Saturn Model1/2 controller
WiiU Pro Controller black

Around the Network

I agree... it is way better than any other controller ever created.

X360 massively let down by trash dpad even on latest model, xbone massively let down by RB LB location, both let down by AA batteries, DS3 massively let down by uncomfortable ergonomics and slippy triggers, ds4 let down by dpad (not as bad as 360/xbone but not as nice as ds3 either).

None are perfect or even close, people just pick the one associated with thier favorite console for obv reasons.

1. 360
2. Xbox One
3. Gamecube
4. DS4
5. Nintendo 64

SNES controller is still the champ.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

I don't think the Gamestop kiosk represent a full evaluation of the DS4. The game selection does not have much that shows the standout features in the controller. Playing inFAMOUS really opened my eyes to the true potential on the DS4.

Slade6alpha said:
I feel the Xbox One controller is the best, but I respect your opinion. Sony did wonders with the DS4; love the improved analog sticks and triggers. It will definitely rank high once I use it more.

Really? I think the triggers are hopeless. It does however feel instantly familiar and is definitely better than the DS3 (but that's not hard).

I love the feel of the DS4 and give it top ranks, but I have to say about the OP's reasons, the Wii U also has touch & sound obviously since it's a remote screen. It also has a microphone, which was used in SM3DW as a "blow" gameplay mechanic to magical effect.  You control some propeller powered platforms just by blowing towards the gamepad.

My 8th gen collection

its a tough call between the XBO and PS4 controller but if i had to pick it would be the DS4 and heres why

-Theres a slight sharp edge on the inner part of the XBO controllers thumb sticks and extended play can cause irritation or blisters

-The Bumpers are difficult to press because they  sit too far forward

- The triggers when press fully press too far in which causes the outer rim of the controller to irritate your fingers after long play sessions

-AA batteries are freaking annoying

- i hate asymetrical thumb sticks

things i dislike about the DS4

-way too short battery life

-wish the face buttons were convex like the XBO's

-wish the thumb sticks were either convace or convex the mixture is irritating

Both are really great controllers and the top of the class but imo the DS4 has less faults add in the speaker, touch pad and light bar and you have a winner that can lead the way in inovation if developers so choose.

To think back a few generations I'd say the SNES controller and also the Mega Drive controller(even worked with Amiga!). I can't choose which one I liked the most.

The generation after I'd have to say the DS controller, when they added the dual sticks it's easiest the best controller. But I also enjoyed/liked the Saturn controller.

For the sixth generation I liked the GC controller the most. The DS2 was also a nice controller.

Last gen I'm not sure, I've heard that the 360 controller is great, but have not used it as much as the other controllers. The Sixaxis is not my favourite, that's for sure. But the DS3 was really nice, and I did enjoy the Wiimotes at first but they later bored me. So for last gen I guess I would have to say the X360 controllers, even though I haven't used them too much. Or else the DS3.

The DS4 is absolutely a great controller, and perhaps(probably) my favourite for this gen. :)

So I suppose overall I'd say the DS-family of controllers, I have enjoyed pretty much all of them.