By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4, the GREATEST controller of all time.

Is the Dualshck 4 the greatest controller of all time.

Dualshock 4 446 47.00%

Sega Dreamcast Controller 21 2.21%

NES Controller 18 1.90%

Dualshock 3 27 2.85%

XBox 360 Controller 191 20.13%

N64 Controller 34 3.58%

Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller 4 0.42%

Other 208 21.92%

Total:949

hhhhmmmm I have a tough time deciding between the DS4 (which really is a phenomenal controller) and the 360 and GC controllers. They would be my top three but I'm not sure which order they would be in.

*note* The GC controller has far and away the best L and R buttons of any controller ever.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Call me crazy but the Wiimote+Nunchuck has to be my favorite. Apart from working well with every genre I already liked, it made me a fan of the FPS genre.

so far, it seems to be the best controller ever. I agree

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

The Polls are on fire................ Oh yeh, The way the Light bar is used in Tomb Raider is pretty neat.

I like the Dualshoc 4 but I wouldn't say it is the best. I prefer the Microsoft controllers and in that way the Wii U Pro controller (yeah, I know it isn't the same but it feels good) But of course this is connected to several reasons like the shape of your hands etc.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

The think i was most surprised in liking, is the speaker.

Having audio logs that you find in levels read to you through the speaker is just so cool, i know it sounds gimmicky but if anything i found it ads to the immersion.

I have to admit. Even Xbox fans are almost all envious. ps4 controllers are being shown everywhere in general video game ads.

Xenostar said:

Having audio logs that you find in levels read to you through the speaker is just so cool, i know it sounds gimmicky but if anything i found it ads to the immersion.

True indeed. I love how when you absorb the powers from the enviroment while pressing into the touch pad feels. The combination of the sound it makes and coming through the speakes brings me closer to the experience.

the analog stick disaster alone disqualifies it as best controller ever so your topic misses a "NOT" at the end of the sentence.

Also Nintendo's Wiimote speaker = gimmick
Sony doing it years later = cool

Xenostar said:

Wait until the next Batman game comes out.  Receiving messages from Alfred and intercepting transmissions and hearing them from the controller was pretty cool, too (on the Wii U)!