By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Xbox1 ruin Titanfall 2 for the other systems (PC and most likely PS4)?

Bots need to get the fuck out, 8 v 8 or even 10 v 10 would probably seem smaller than 6 v 6 with bots, so this whole it already crowed thing seems like water under the bridge, I mean bots are just point/titan cool down fodder

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

No worries! That's why Titanfall 2 will be exclsuive to mobiles phones and tablets! problem solved.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Puppyroach said:
torok said:
Puppyroach said:
I am thankful if more and more MP games go towards 6v6, 8v8 and not much more (fill it up with grunts instead). These overcrowded mp games are sooo boring. This decision had nothing to do with capacity, but design.

I think it depends on the game. Last of Us is perfect with 4 vs 4 because of the tatical aspect and slower pace. But Resistance 2 with 60 players is my favorite online to date, it was awesome to see two big factions clashing with several classes of weapons, each one balancing the other. Killzone 2 with 32 was another thing, its multiplayer was better than KZ3 with 16 simply because the felling of a war was much better on the crowded arena in KZ2. 

Yeah, I can sign up to that. Playing Battlefield 1943 with mainly grunts would be quite boring :).

This game could have been larger 10v10 or 12v12 without bots, but with limiting the number of titans (larger wait times between titans, etc).  I don't think this have to be Battlefield 32 vs 32 because I agree that when there are too many people, you don't feel like 1 person can turn the tide in a competitive multiplayer game.  However in 12 vs 12, one person can still substantially affect the outcome of the game. 

as disappointed as i was reading 6v6 originally...

...from what i've seen since, it look as if this game really wouldn't be great with a massive player count. 16v16 would probably be too much going on at a time. a titan would be falling on your head ever 3 second. 8v8 might be okay and probably attainable but please remember, sometimes less is more.   imo, respawn should focus on better AI for the bots instead of more players. 

kitler53 said:

as disappointed as i was reading 6v6 originally...

...from what i've seen since, it look as if this game really wouldn't be great with a massive player count. 16v16 would probably be too much going on at a time. a titan would be falling on your head ever 3 second. 8v8 might be okay and probably attainable but please remember, sometimes less is more.   imo, respawn should focus on better AI for the bots instead of more players. 

Bots in a multiplayer game are a lost cause, there are way too many variables not to mention the 12 human ones. So they can make them easy as shit or aimbots, but they are in no way  analogs for human players at all; just fodder, things deployed by players like drones or turrets make more sense cause they don't need AI, they just need to shoot at thing that are the opposite color.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

doesn't really matter game won't be out until 2017

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Nope. DX12 has unicorn farts that will make the xbo better. Not a put down, just a summary.

i think LoL and Dota2 need to up the player numbers to like 12v12 and get rid of the ai creeps there just holding the game back

Let's start another circle jerk to diss the XBone.....yeah!!!!