By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Xbox1 ruin Titanfall 2 for the other systems (PC and most likely PS4)?

JayWood2010 said:
Battlefield 4 on XBO never even existed obviously.

whats that? never heard of it. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:

whats that? never heard of it. 

idk, it doesnt exist.  I just made it up on the fly

DonFerrari said:
bevochan said:

I don't understand why the PC version doesn't have a match larger than 6 vs 6 (like PC 64 player Battlefield 3 vs PS3/Xbox360 24 player BF3).  It seems quite obvious that one of the major reason why Titanfall is 6 vs 6 because the Xbox1 can't handle larger matches (xbox1 already struggles with framerate when there are few titans on the screen at 792p).  Bots are my biggest complaint for Titanfall.

I hope at least the PC version of Titanfall 2 will have larger matches without bots.  Although Titanfall hasn't been announced for the PS4, the sequel will most likely be headed to the PS4, and hopefully PS4 Titanfall 2 won't be nerfed because of technical limitations on Xbox1.

Official reason for 6v6 is map size, faster lobbies, not X1 HW (the game runs on X360).

We haven't seen the x360 version yet.

bevochan said:
DonFerrari said:
bevochan said:

I don't understand why the PC version doesn't have a match larger than 6 vs 6 (like PC 64 player Battlefield 3 vs PS3/Xbox360 24 player BF3).  It seems quite obvious that one of the major reason why Titanfall is 6 vs 6 because the Xbox1 can't handle larger matches (xbox1 already struggles with framerate when there are few titans on the screen at 792p).  Bots are my biggest complaint for Titanfall.

I hope at least the PC version of Titanfall 2 will have larger matches without bots.  Although Titanfall hasn't been announced for the PS4, the sequel will most likely be headed to the PS4, and hopefully PS4 Titanfall 2 won't be nerfed because of technical limitations on Xbox1.

Official reason for 6v6 is map size, faster lobbies, not X1 HW (the game runs on X360).

We haven't seen the x360 version yet.

Still, have you seen the game?  It is crazy how much action there is, adding more people would just break the game.  They dont need to add more players in the sequel, they need to add single player.

as far as if an x1 version would ruin the pc or ps4, the answer is no.  They will have more time and resources for the sequel. The x1 version shouldnt have any negative impact on the ps4 (it is pretty much the same hardware). You might see a higher resolution on the ps4, but the game wont be held back by the x1.  You could make the argument for pc, but smart devs dont make their games so graphic intensive on the pc that only a small fraction of pcs can play them.  

Less gamers means that your actions have more weight in a multiplayer match so hopefully Titanfall 2 won't have many more player even if Xbox One will be able to handle it.

It's also already too chaotic when there are some Titans at the same time so that more Titans would be horrible gameplay wise. Sure, they could increase the time you need for a Titan but then people wouldn't get Titans often enough but Titans are obviously an essential part of the game.

Sure, you could increase the space between buildings to make it little bit less chaotic if some Titans are on the same place but then you would take pilots their advantage of wall running and so on...

If you want matches with more players why don't you just play other games instead and let those who prefer smaller matches also some games?

Around the Network

It has already ruined the first one, which could've been much better on PC at least. The second is a certainty by this point.

Why are people even thinking about T2 right now?

Most likely by the tim T2 releases we will be in a situation where the X1 & PS4 games are basically identical, so no the X1 won't hold anything back.

JayWood2010 said:

That is obviously also ruined on PC and PS4 because of Xbox One. Would have 500 players without Xbox One because bigger is always better and it isn't possible that different games have different player counts just because the developer prefers that in their game. I'm already waiting for the next Soul Calibur which won't have 1vs1 anymore because that makes no sense with stronger hardware.

Xbox One can handle 64 players or even more. But Titanfall isn't Battlefield and it doesn't want to be.

Geez, always people bitching about Gameplay decisions. There are so goddamn many games out there, just pick the ones you like best. You like massive battles with high player count? Then don't play Titanfall for crying out loud! Get yourself Battlefield or Planetside 2 or whatever. Why should all games be the same? You should be grateful for a little diversity!

I played Titanfall (on PC) and it works flawlessly with 6v6. The game has quite some problems if you ask me, but player count ain't one of them.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I think 6v6 isn't what they wanted like some people are stating. Go watch the Digital Foundry framerate tests and when titans are on screen, there's a heavy drop in framerate. I think the developers thought that if too many titans got on screen at once in a 10 vs 10 match, that it might be unplayable.