By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World (Wii U) vs Sonic Colours (Wii)

Tagged games:

?

Sonic Lost World 34 49.28%

Sonic Colours 35 50.72%

Total:69

Sonic Colors is one of my favourite games of all time. I picked it up when it hit $20 because I had grown tired of bad Sonic games (Secret Rings was ok, Black Knight was terrible).

The use of the color powers are much better in Sonic Colors, the soundtrack is much better. I would have been happy paying full price for it.

Lost World was fun. Different kind of gameplay. The controls for some of the color powers were confusing. Worth a purchase but I did not enjoy it nearly as much as I did Colors.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

The use of the color powers are much better in Sonic Colors, the soundtrack is much better.

Phase 2 of the final boss music in Colours is my favourite piece of video game music ever. So damn epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcCrHZAKfPI

The best of Lost World is certainly better than the best of Colors, but Colors doesn't have as many bad parts as Lost World, either.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Colors was only alright as after beating it, I didn't play it anymore, contrary to most other Sonic games I've played. We'll see if I go back to Lost World even after beating it, but based on the 3DS demo, this is pretty likely!

spemanig said:
Lost Worlds is better. I own both. I was excited for both and was disappointed in both, but I was way more disappointed in Colors. Such an overrated game, like the whole turd that is the Adventure series. Seriously some of the worst games I've ever played.

But yeah, Lost World was the first 3D Sonic game I've played that was mediocre. Well that's not fair. Colors wasn't bad. Just significantly worse than Lost World. Lost World was fun-ish.

Sonic Adventure games I loved and they are, so far, the only sonic games I've ever truly loved. Of course I also loved Star Fox Adventures so I guess I'm a rare breed of gamer because most hate that game.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
spemanig said:
Lost Worlds is better. I own both. I was excited for both and was disappointed in both, but I was way more disappointed in Colors. Such an overrated game, like the whole turd that is the Adventure series. Seriously some of the worst games I've ever played.

But yeah, Lost World was the first 3D Sonic game I've played that was mediocre. Well that's not fair. Colors wasn't bad. Just significantly worse than Lost World. Lost World was fun-ish.

Sonic Adventure games I loved and they are, so far, the only sonic games I've ever truly loved. Of course I also loved Star Fox Adventures so I guess I'm a rare breed of gamer because most hate that game.

I liked Assault better lol. It would have been cool though if they introduced Beam Swords with the Adventures battle system.

Easy one. I would take Sonic Colors over any 3D Sonic game ever made minus Generations. Lost World was full of different ideas, but they weren't executed very well. The flying levels are annoying, the snowball level is annoying and the 2D and 3D levels are much better in Colors.  The final boss in Lost World  rip-offs the final boss from Sonic Colors, too! Nice one, Sega.. 一_一

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lost world for me, i like the way some of the speed has been reduced in order to encourage exploration and more precision platforming. Many cried out for a throwback to 16 bit Sonic, so when Sega slow things down a bit, and focused more on exploration and platforming, people whined that it wasnt fast enough and wanted it to be more like the games they have been whining about for the last ten years or so.

I have a good feeling that Sonic Boom will be better than both games.

zippy said:
I have a good feeling that Sonic Boom will be better than both games.

It does have ex-Naughty Dog talent behind it, so it may very well be.