By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So when was the last time a game really blew you away?

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:
random15 said:

For me dragon's dogma dark arisen (the very first time EVER I have played a jrpg, and loved it, I only played it for the platinum at the start but it grew on me and I now love it), and Bioshock Infinite (Thanks PS+), that ending just blew me away and had me thinking for days. Oh and TLOU I don't have to say anything about it, if you have not played it do yourself a favor and pick it up GOTG.

ANOTHER DRAGON'S DOGMA FAN?  Seriously, VGChartz!!  Am I being punked right now?

Nope it was THAT good. I was never interested in jrpgs or liked them, but I loved that game and did everything. Only thing that bothered me was traveling but after my first playthrough I had protocrystals everywhere. So yeah for a person that did not like jrpgs to love this game really does say something about the game.

Around the Network

Last week, with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

For all the negative press the game got, when I played it the gameplay just blew me away and I just couldn't stop playing to find all the secrets and get a better rank with each of the missions.

yoshi's

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Last Of Us, destroyed what I thought of as ps3 games.
Rayman Legends destroyed what I thought of as game content. "To much Content"
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance destroyed what I thought of 3DS games.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

d21lewis said:

ANOTHER DRAGON'S DOGMA FAN?  Seriously, VGChartz!!  Am I being punked right now?

Dragon's Dogma gave me an awful headache in the first town so I stopped playing it and haven't gone back since!  What the hell, why am I looting houses in the dark!

On topic, Saint's Row 3 was a big surprise for me.  It was just so much fun that I kind of got addicted for awhile.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
d21lewis said:

Dragon's Dogma gave me an awful headache in the first town so I stopped playing it and haven't gone back since!  What the hell, why am I looting houses in the dark!

On topic, Saint's Row 3 was a big surprise for me.  It was just so much fun that I kind of got addicted for awhile.

You can use light to clear the path of darkness!

DON'T GET SOAKED IN WATER!

Probably 3D World for the way it looked. I don't game on PC or have a PS4 yet, so it is graphically the best game I have ever played. Didn't hurt that it was awesome gameplay-wise either.

God Of War III, Grand Theft Auto V and Infamous: Second Son really blew me away.

Ni no Kuni.

when was the last time a guy/girl blew you away? no seriously when?