By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Adam Orth: Internet toxicity’s effect on the game industry is ‘very real and very dangerous’

This is why I hate the internet. Oh boo hoo he mocked xbox fans for 10 minutes so death threats to his wife and children are totally deserved. Only scummy people think that's justified.

Around the Network

Did he expect people to call him a hero for tweeting nonsense or what? Maybe he should take a nice nap before talking about " internet toxicity".

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

WagnerPaiva said:
curl-6 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Someone forward this to Phil Fish so he can stop being such a wank and release Fez 2

The one good thing that came of all this mob rule barbarism is that it rid the industry of that pretentious dickhead.

He is a milionaire because of FEZ, so, why should he care? But, anyone that seen INDIE GAME THE MOVIE knows he has some serious issues...

Anyone Having him on twitter knows he is crazy, arrogant and stupid. Indie game showed the good side of his crazyness.

If I didn't know any better I might think half the people in this thread were trying to be funny.

Way to prove his point guys...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Well when you are in charge of something that concern millions of people, you better choose your words carefully. Especially when there is a lot of anger in these people. 
Sure he does have the right to think that the "always online console" is the future and the right to say it. But then there is the manner to say it and when you are in his position (a leader with some influence) and tweet like he did (in a childish manner) it will obviously create trouble. Many people felt insulted, a patronising approach was probably not the best idea. Not only referring to the famous #Dealwithit tweet but some other of his tweets too.

Maybe he didn't mean to be patronising but then he don't really know how the web and twitter works and it's still his own fault in the first place.
This is what i don't get, i'm myself on twitter and i get insults sometimes like i believe everyone already did get some at least once. And i represent nothing with my 550 followers. But i don't think that it's everyone who insults, it's just a little minority, we all know there are trolls, idiots and some extremists, don't take it personnally and just ignore them.

Of course in his case it reached a broad audience. But we have to keep in mind that even 0.1% of 1 million people still make 1000 people. Surely that so many angry people insulting you day and night can give you the terrible feeling that the whole world is against you. And a few angry people will always make more noises than many happy ones, not only on internet but it's everywhere like that. It doesn't change the fact it's a minority and once it became viral a lot of trolls who probably doesn't even care about video games come to make it worse.

Anyway he seems to not understand this or maybe he's a very sensitive person. But in his position i would never have tweeted and answered to people like he did, knowing that it would only make things worse. I don't make excuses for the ones who verbally abused him, he's probably not a bad guy but he seems to me a bit childish.

Around the Network

Did he for once acknowledge the fact that he was being a complete douche to his customers and advice the devs against such douchebaggery?

Probably not. It seems the whole ordeal just went over his head, although I'll admit that the magnitude of hate he received was uncalled for.

J_Allard said:
Regardless of what people think of the DRM and his tweet about it, the responses from people were just fucking disgusting.

#DealWithIt

zarx said:
If I didn't know any better I might think half the people in this thread were trying to be funny.

Way to prove his point guys...

EDIT: Wrong post. Sorry, ignore.

Isnt this the guy that had the twitter scandal where he basically said that only certain customers matter? Well... while i agree that the internet can be very toxic for the industry, he got what he deserved.

He is completely right about what he is saying. The internet community including VGC can be horrible and in the last year that has shown more than ever. And you can say well it was his mistake, which honestly is hypocritical since every single one of us has made a mistake in the past. To blame him is not the problem, we are responsible for our behavior and our reactions, not him. And from everything that ive seen it was an over-reaction. Its one thing to be disappointed but it went way beyond that. All because of a plastic box.

To the guy above me, nobody deserves that and honestly i question the person you are for saying something like that