By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Final Fantasy 15 can easily run on Wii U

padib said:
oniyide said:

oh boo hoo, ok fine. You're right, but again how does that really apply to the OP. YOu picked ONE region out of many where your statement MIGHT be true, wow its a game changer.

Why wouldn't it be? If it makes them money, then it definitely is a game changer.

After all, the reason XV is not coming out on the U is a business reason, not a technical reason.

The fact that they are NOT putting it on WIi U leads me to believe that it wont make them money, unless you know better than SE

Around the Network
think-man said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:
I only have this to say about the op: the ps4 and x1 are way, way more powerful than the wiiu. Its not close. I do belive that almost any game can be downgraded to fit on the wiiu, but anyone would see the difference. To say the wiiu is close to the ps4/x1 is funny. The wiiu is close to the ps360.... even if the wiiu was 500 g flops, thats still no where near 1.3 t flops(x1) or 1.8 t flops(ps4)... I dont think anyone should ever argue about the wiiu power vs the ps4/x1.... ever. The old wii was closer to the ps360 than the wiiu is to the ps4-1.... and that wasnt really close either.

NO. the wii was 20x+ less powerfull than ps360. wii u vs xone vs ps4 is more like 1 vs 2 vs 3.

and it's not only raw power (although i'd guess 600 gflops on wii u), the wii u has all the modern effects and tools that ps360 lack, wich makes the difference.

No way the wiiu is 600 gflops.not a chance. 400 maybe, but their is no way its pushin 600. Look, i love nintendo, but the reality is, the wiiu is built for low power consumption, not built for power. It may have some more slightly moremodern features, but theres just no way its at nearly half the x1 power. I think i remember reading that the ps360 were around 300 gflops, so 400 for the u is optimistic, i think. There isnt one wiiu game that looks like its above the ps360's best.hell, the new tomb raider on the 360 looks better than anything on the u.... i have the wiiu, i love it. But my eyes tell me that it is basically a ps360, with more ram, and better shaders. Thats it. But as i said before, i do think ps4/x1 games can fit on the wiiu, but the differences would be so obvious, that my mom could tell the difference.

/thread

Though Zero will just do this:

THIS!! and thats a fellow Ninty fan setting him straight.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Personally I think WiiU would have been a smarter choice then X-Box 1. I thought Nintendo and Square Enix had a good relationship, I'm hoping for a surprise announcement this E3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:
I only have this to say about the op: the ps4 and x1 are way, way more powerful than the wiiu. Its not close. I do belive that almost any game can be downgraded to fit on the wiiu, but anyone would see the difference. To say the wiiu is close to the ps4/x1 is funny. The wiiu is close to the ps360.... even if the wiiu was 500 g flops, thats still no where near 1.3 t flops(x1) or 1.8 t flops(ps4)... I dont think anyone should ever argue about the wiiu power vs the ps4/x1.... ever. The old wii was closer to the ps360 than the wiiu is to the ps4-1.... and that wasnt really close either.

NO. the wii was 20x+ less powerfull than ps360. wii u vs xone vs ps4 is more like 1 vs 2 vs 3.

and it's not only raw power (although i'd guess 600 gflops on wii u), the wii u has all the modern effects and tools that ps360 lack, wich makes the difference.

Where in the world are you getting these numbers?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

No way the wiiu is 600 gflops.not a chance. 400 maybe, but their is no way its pushin 600. Look, i love nintendo, but the reality is, the wiiu is built for low power consumption, not built for power. It may have some more slightly moremodern features, but theres just no way its at nearly half the x1 power. I think i remember reading that the ps360 were around 300 gflops, so 400 for the u is optimistic, i think. There isnt one wiiu game that looks like its above the ps360's best.hell, the new tomb raider on the 360 looks better than anything on the u.... i have the wiiu, i love it. But my eyes tell me that it is basically a ps360, with more ram, and better shaders. Thats it. But as i said before, i do think ps4/x1 games can fit on the wiiu, but the differences would be so obvious, that my mom could tell the difference.

Calling out bs because I have also played 360 tomb raider. Unless you ignore the perfromance and no vsync. 3d world looks better than the game and actually runs well at 60 frames per second. Please show me how it looks some better when it runs horriblely and 
jagges everywhere. The only argument i believe you are basing this on is one is realistic and the other has different artstyle.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

Calling out bs because I have also played 360 tomb raider. Unless you ignore the perfromance and no vsync. 3d world looks better than the game and actually runs well at 60 frames per second. Please show me how it looks some better when it runs horriblely and 
jagges everywhere. The only argument i believe you are basing this on is one is realistic and the other has different artst

tomb raider looks more impressive,  3d world is pretty much a 2d game in a 3d world, it's very small levels, post pics of both and u can easily see which one looks better.

Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

the 360 has 240 gigaflops and i don't see why it's unthinkable for wii u to have 600, when we already know the wii u is far more capable than 360.

games like pikmin 3, 3d world, bayonetta 2, mario kart 8 and X are early wii u titles and far surpass late 360 games.

ninetailschris said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

jagges everywhere. The only argument i believe you are basing this on is one is realistic and the other has different artstyle.

Mario 3d world looks great! And i love the artstyle too. Its a very fun game. Your opinion is valid, because its an opinion. My opinion stsnds: tomb raider blows the doors off of 3d world graphically, in my opinion. 3d worlds levels are tiny, finished in a few minutes, with very little detail in its worlds. Tomb raiders levels are enormous, and richly detailed, with un beleivable amounts of foliage and detail in its worlds. One level of tombraider is large enough to hold the entire 3d world levels in one.... easily. 3dworld: nice looking bitesized levels...more like platforms floating in space. tomb raider: beautiful looking huge levels, brimming with life and detail. Living, breathing world with human like animation and decent ai, vs brainless goombas running in circles on levels the size of a monopoly board. For me? No contest.... in my opinion. And ive always been a nintendo fan, a big one. And yes, i love 3d world. Its just not going to win any awards for its graphics.... theyve surpassed nothing of the best on the ps360... nothing.

Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

the 360 has 240 gigaflops and i don't see why it's unthinkable for wii u to have 600, when we already know the wii u is far more capable than 360.

games like pikmin 3, 3d world, bayonetta 2, mario kart 8 and X are early wii u titles and far surpass late 360 games.

Around 350 to 430 is what expects are saying, most reliable say 350gflops http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/1903/wii-u-gpu.html

This is just to add to my above response. Ive played killzone and some other ps4 games. Ive played 3d world and pikmin 3. Those wiiu games never made me think, wow, we really didnt need the next gen yet. Tomb raider, when I played it, made me think, wow, the okd gen really has some gas left in the tank, and maybe sony and ms should have hrld off another year or so.... and while 3d workd looks nice, if thats its best, with such tiny tiny worlds, that should tell you that its just not that powerful. Tomb raiders levels are huge. Even the last of us, looks superb, and the best story ever told in a videogame, but they acheived that level of visuals with smaller, very guided levels, not huge, open world level designs, like tomb raider has.... wiiu is an equal to the ps360, but slighly more modern. This is from a nintendo fan.... almost nintendo fanboy, and use to be a big nintendo fanboy. Its just easier to see from atop a flagpole, instead of having my head in the sand....