By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thuway reveals PS VR Price range

OdinHades said:
Christmas 2015, bundled with PS4, 499.

This. I totally agree....except instead, 549-599$ and bundled with GT7 (or drive club) and killzone

Around the Network

He's not a trustworthy source anymore.

If they want this to be mainstream they'll have to go for a $150 price point. When you consider the price of the console being $400 and the camera being required to use VR which in itself costs $60, you're already topping $600 to have a VR experience.

This is not taking into account all the hidden costs of needing a good headset, PS Move, PS+ and also buying the game itself to get the full experience. I honestly don't see this peripheral catching on with the mainstream at all until the price point is below the $150 level.

At that price, I am pretty sure that thing is going to flop.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

If the image and sound quality is good, I'll buy.

Although, I'll wait until its success is proven first, I still have bad memories of Move.

Around the Network

Too expensive for the mass market, but I don't care. I'd rather take an expensive quality product over a cheap bad one.

LemonSlice said:
If anyone think that's expensive, they're crazy, considering the Sony Personal 3D viewer is like 1000$.

Exactly. I honestly don't know what people were expecting. The Pulse headset was $150 for Christ's sake.

There is no cheaper alternative, not even a decently sized TV.

It's too soon for mainstream VR, next gen it could be huge though.

I was hoping for mass appeal price of 180$, 250$ isn't bad but not mass appeal.

Seems like a decent price. Sony have already partnered with NASA and are probably looking for other partnerships with major companies going forward, so I imagine they expect to make a fair amount of money selling their tech to other businesses. Virtual tourism and other interactive media has already been discussed. This won't live or die just on the gaming side of things.