By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create , Famitsu & Dengeki

kowenicki said:

outlawauron said:

About half of the predictions were predicting sellout. Everyone overestimated stock available.

Which after 4 weeks is irrelevamnt.  Its isnt sold out now and it wasnt last week.

Its first 4 weeks are worse than the VIta, the WiiU and the 3DS.  A lot worse.  Nobody expected that.

Meh the Vita and 3DS launces dont seem relavent to me in this regard considering the market in Japan and I'd argue the Wii U benefited from the holiday however even IF sony launched the PS4 in Japan at the same time as the other territorries they didnt have their shit together for stock anyway. So in other words theres no denying its lagging behind Wii U after the first 4 weeks of assessments, fairly considerably.

I'm sure we will just switch the debate to something else if it no longer lags behind the Wii U in Japan, luckily other markets are picking up for the lagging Japan figures in this regard. 

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
VitroBahllee said:
mhsillen said:

Realistically all consoles doing poorly including PS4, the wiiU looks for all intensive purposes dead. No interest  in consoles in Japan

All intents and purposes.

Oh so you didn't understand the contents of the post?

I'm just helping out buddy. If you're going to be salty, next time I'll be rude instead of just pointing out how to correct your misunderstanding.

kowenicki said:
mhsillen said:

Realistically all consoles doing poorly including PS4, the wiiU looks for all intensive purposes dead. No interest  in consoles in Japan

I agree.

(sorry, got to correct you on something, you'll thank me as it may save embarrassment later.  its "intents and purposes", not "intensive purposes". lol)

Won't help me remember anything, brain doesn't hold on to much anymore

kowenicki said:
mhsillen said:

I agree.

(sorry, got to correct you on something, you'll thank me as it may save embarrassment later.  its "intents and purposes", not "intensive purposes". lol)

That's what I told him. He wasn't pleased.

VitroBahllee said:
kowenicki said:
mhsillen said:

I agree.

That's what I told him. He wasn't pleased.

Didn't bother me

Around the Network

Vita TV selling a consistent 1500 per week. I wonder if this is what Sony was expecting.

How does PS4 sell 29K yet with software no game is over 8K? I suppose if you get PSN+ and instant game collection you really don't need to buy a game with the system.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4 continues to disappoint in Japan, though thats better than I expected after last weeks drop.

It needs games. PS4 has no gaaaaaaaaaamez

binary solo said:
Vita TV selling a consistent 1500 per week. I wonder if this is what Sony was expecting.

How does PS4 sell 29K yet with software no game is over 8K? I suppose if you get PSN+ and instant game collection you really don't need to buy a game with the system.

Perhaps the market utilizes downloads more? It is a bit strange. I'm more curious about the numbers this week vs. last week being so similar without new software.

VitroBahllee said:
Wii Party U kicking DKC:TF's ass? Wow. Wii Party U is a profoundly ridiculous release, and the Japanese seem to be gobbling it down.

It's bundled with the console in Japan.  New Super Mario Bros. U as well.

I believe the price is pretty much the same as buying the console without those two games, so people are picking up the bundle.

Kresnik said:
VitroBahllee said:
Wii Party U kicking DKC:TF's ass? Wow. Wii Party U is a profoundly ridiculous release, and the Japanese seem to be gobbling it down.

It's bundled with the console in Japan.  New Super Mario Bros. U as well.

I believe the price is pretty much the same as buying the console without those two games, so people are picking up the bundle.

That explains it, particularly if the extra Wii Remote is included in that bundle.