By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developer: PS 4 VR Headset is BETTER than Oculus Rift. - First Demos : Thief,EVE....

I'm not interested, but I hope the very nature of the thing brings more 3D games to the PS4.

Around the Network

If its that good, I would prob pay up to $400-$500 for it. With occulus being like I think $1200? I am not sure, but its not cheap yet so I am curious to see how much sonys version will be, prob can be much cheaper since they have the hardware production connections.

DirtyP2002 said:

Oculus Rift, Microsoft Fortaleza Glasses and this thing just don't get me hyped. I would like to try it and I even think it will be fun for a week or two, but I don't see myself getting into it.

Here are some things to consider:

1. It is huge

2. It is ugly

3. It kills the social aspect of digital entertainment

4. It is really ugly.

5. I doubt it will be cheap

6. I don't see many games to support this / it could drop as bad as PS Move or 3D gaming

7. Does it work for those wearing glasses already?

8. The fact that you apparently need an accessory (PS Eye)  for this accessory is just wrong.

9. When I play online games, do I need a headset on my headset?

10. IT IS UGLY!

And it's only 720p!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

DirtyP2002 said:

Oculus Rift, Microsoft Fortaleza Glasses and this thing just don't get me hyped. I would like to try it and I even think it will be fun for a week or two, but I don't see myself getting into it.

1. It is huge

2. It is ugly

4. It is really ugly.

6. I don't see many games to support this / it could drop as bad as PS Move or 3D gaming

8. The fact that you apparently need an accessory (PS Eye)  for this accessory is just wrong.

10. IT IS UGLY!

Haha!

Everyone who's played with OR say it's amazing. I've played Portal2 with OR and I was blown away. 

You're being a typical detractor and I can guess your reasons. But for those of us that want new, amazing experiences this will be awesome.

A W E S O M E

Zappykins said:
DirtyP2002 said:

1. It is huge

2. It is ugly

4. It is really ugly.

10. IT IS UGLY!

And it's only 720p!

er no its 1080p

Around the Network

So far all i can see is people with a headset on the head xD
This is something we'll have to take their word on this. Or not. But not many of us are going to have the chance to try and compare both PS4 VR Headset (Project Morpheus) and Oculus Rift anyway. And videos of demo "from inside" the headset doesn't help much since you can't have the real feelings and sensations.

Anyway i hope it's true, would be cool to see such a big innovation in video games having a real succes. But i'm still afraid it will be way too expensive.

Djoeru said:
So far all i can see is people with a headset on the head xD
This is something we'll have to take their word on this. Or not. But not many of us are going to have the chance to try and compare both PS4 VR Headset (Project Morpheus) and Oculus Rift anyway. And videos of demo "from inside" the headset doesn't help much since you can't have the real feelings and sensations.

Anyway i hope it's true, would be cool to see such a big innovation in video games having a real succes. But i'm still afraid it will be way too expensive.

That's why when it's consumer ready. Sony should put all their resources of showing this to every big journalist news corp and game site.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Shaunaka said:
DirtyP2002 said:

1. It is huge

2. It is ugly

4. It is really ugly.

10. IT IS UGLY!

Haha!

Everyone who's played with OR say it's amazing. I've played Portal2 with OR and I was blown away. 

You're being a typical detractor and I can guess your reasons. But for those of us that want new, amazing experiences this will be awesome.

A W E S O M E

please tell me my reasons for my own opinion. I can learn something about myself today.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

$120 methinks.
or $479.82 Canadian :(
Either way I'm in when it hits the shelves

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

DirtyP2002 said:

please tell me my reasons for my own opinion. I can learn something about myself today.

sadly, this thread isnt about you (not that anyone really cares). so just stop derailing it.