By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft stock surges to 14 year high. Market cap up $12bn in 1 day to $327bn, edit: up $20bn in 3 days to $335bn

maverick40 said:
Wish I had shares in Microsoft. Will have to wait until I get my bonus in work

You probably should wait for the next world economy crisis and buy right in the middle of it to get cheap prices. It is never intelligent to buy at a peak, especially if the the current near future doesn't look too bright for that company because the overall PC market is dying much faster than expected, Microsoft has almost no market share in smartphones and tables and the X1 doesn't run nearly as good as the 360 in both the US and worldwide markets. If I'd get a bonus now, I would consider buing put stock warrants instead.

It is too late to buy shares right now, this should have been done when Ballmer announced that he will step down because this was the only reason for the shares to rise.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
jlmurph2 said:

It seems that you don't know the context of "Microsoft Discussion". He said it was under Gaming when its not.

Oops...

The "Gaming forum" thing more or less happened when the site boards got reorganized without actually consulting site staff.

This is the right forum for it regardless, as it's for all microsoft news... and gaming.

Sort of the opposite of how a sales topic about a sony product could be in either sony or sales.

This should be obvious by the fact that articles like this have been posted in these forums since the site opened and haven't been closed.

You've been here long enough to know this.  Cut it out and stop trying to drag this thread off topic.

I see nothing wrong with discussing a company's stock on this site. I have seen threads on Apple and Googles stock.

If you find it pointless ignore it.

Surely you can see the psyche behind this and similar threads.

etking said:
maverick40 said:

You probably should wait for the next world economy crisis and buy right in the middle of it to get cheap prices. It is never intelligent to buy at a peak, especially if the the current near future doesn't look too bright for that company because the overall PC market is dying much faster than expected, Microsoft has almost no market share in smartphones and tables and the X1 doesn't run nearly as good as the 360 in both the US and worldwide markets. If I'd get a bonus now, I would consider buing put stock warrants instead.

It is too late to buy shares right now, this should have been done when Ballmer announced that he will step down because this was the only reason for the shares to rise.

The PC market isn't dying but it has stablised thankfully. Yeah maybe I will hold off for the moment

As for the OP.

Yeah, I think the main issue is that newness is somewhat fetishized in the stockmarket now.

People are always looking and bidding up the "next big thing" while ignoring the present a little bit.

If something doesn't seem like it's an up and comer investors want to prematurely call it's downfall..

Around the Network
etking said:
maverick40 said:

As far as I have heard, the PC market has become more stable this year than last, also MS is climbing in the smartphone segment and the X1 is ahead of 360 at the same timeframe so... 

My goodness I see why Sony fans get a bad rep more so than others. This is under MS discussion so WHAT THE FREAK IS THE BIG DEAL? Some of you just nit pick for NO FREAKING reason and as a Sony fan it makes me feel bad for others geez.

Anyway OT:

EXCELLENT news for MS they just continue to grow. I just personally hope they invest more into the XB division and create some really awesome games for the 1! I need to get in on the stock while they are doing good!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

And ??? Yeah VG means video game... Yet the chart part is a big modificator... At several 100 bucks a year for the pro account people that actually care about the core purpose of the website don't give shit about games compared to financial and even if it was about VG only... Every serious website I go for windows phones, android phones, and serious tech/vg website talk about financial of the companies concerned one way or an other with a focus on what relates to the website...
I came here 7 years ago and it was for numbers not VG wars or gaming news... It has been what I'm most looking for here... Fact is beside forum post on VG I never look at the VG page on that site...

Lol i guess we can only talk about stocks when it has to do with Sony or Nintendo battling at who has the highest of the low cap. People seem to get upset when MS has gains that are 70% of another company's full cap lol

sales2099 said:
Viltgance said:
Im pretty sure this happend because of Don Mattrick

or lack there of lol. Ballmer gone too shows MS is shedding the fat and moving forward. Good things to come

Without him they could change their name into "MS Light"!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!