By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft stock surges to 14 year high. Market cap up $12bn in 1 day to $327bn, edit: up $20bn in 3 days to $335bn

kowenicki said:
Augen said:
kowenicki said:
Just keeps climbing.

now at 40.55 up another 3.25%

Market cap rises again to $336bn another $8bn added.

thats $20bn added to its value in just three days.

Steady climber. Thoughts on where it will top out in 2014?

Hard to say.  Not too botherd, I'm cleaning up already and have just banked some nice dividends too.

I've had a great 18 months on the back of MS, Nokia, BT (and Sony before I ditched them last year)

I'm on the look out for another promising stock at the moment. 

Undecided at this time.

Do you have any good stock buying tips? I really want to start buying and investing in stock but I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to  trading etc...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
AZWification said:
disolitude said:
I went through this whole thread and didn't find a single post by dallas.

Leaving quite disappointed...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/2052/dallas/

BOOOO!!! He was the best...

disolitude said:
AZWification said:
disolitude said:

He may be closer than you think.

TheBlackNaruto said:
kowenicki said:
Augen said:
kowenicki said:
Just keeps climbing.

now at 40.55 up another 3.25%

Market cap rises again to $336bn another $8bn added.

thats $20bn added to its value in just three days.

Steady climber. Thoughts on where it will top out in 2014?

Hard to say.  Not too botherd, I'm cleaning up already and have just banked some nice dividends too.

I've had a great 18 months on the back of MS, Nokia, BT (and Sony before I ditched them last year)

I'm on the look out for another promising stock at the moment. 

Undecided at this time.

Do you have any good stock buying tips? I really want to start buying and investing in stock but I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to  trading etc...

some tips.

1) don't put all your chickens in the one basket, even a well researched safe investment can turn sour through circumstances beyond yours or the companies control (e.g. weather,unexpected court cases, currency fluxuations etc)

2) Do your research, Don't invest with your heart. You need to seperate your emotional attachment to a company so you can give it a fair evaluation based on facts. If you can't do that then don't invest in that company, there are several companies I personally avoid purely because I feel I have some bias when looking at them.

3) Most information you find on forums like these is heavily tainted with poor knowledge of the companies in question or bias from fans combined with a fundamental lack of knowledge of business.

4) if you aren't able to understand or do your research then you are probably better off subscribing to one of the major stock research and recommendation services.

Quit giving tips to these people, even seasoned investors only do "alright" on average. If you want to reduce risk through diversification, while not losing much returns at all, then just buyinto some growth funds.

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

some tips.

1) don't put all your chickens in the one basket, even a well researched safe investment can turn sour through circumstances beyond yours or the companies control (e.g. weather,unexpected court cases, currency fluxuations etc)

2) Do your research, Don't invest with your heart. You need to seperate your emotional attachment to a company so you can give it a fair evaluation based on facts. If you can't do that then don't invest in that company, there are several companies I personally avoid purely because I feel I have some bias when looking at them.

3) Most information you find on forums like these is heavily tainted with poor knowledge of the companies in question or bias from fans combined with a fundamental lack of knowledge of business.

4) if you aren't able to understand or do your research then you are probably better off subscribing to one of the major stock research and recommendation services.

Sounds reasonable enough to me. THanks for the input!

clamburgler said:
Quit giving tips to these people, even seasoned investors only do "alright" on average. If you want to reduce risk through diversification, while not losing much returns at all, then just buyinto some growth funds.

Also even though you siad stop giving tips and gave one yourself.....thank you for the tip as well lol.

Start with a good mutual fund. Then slowly pick some individual stocks. Dollar cost average in and think long term.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

clamburgler said:
disolitude said:
AZWification said:
disolitude said:

I see.

Let's see who on this forum will make a thread about posting chubby but hot chicks pics... wink wink. 

disolitude said:
clamburgler said:
disolitude said:
AZWification said:
disolitude said:

I see.

Let's see who on this forum will make a thread about posting chubby but hot chicks pics... wink wink. 

Yep.  I've only been here for a little while, but it seems like you already know me.