By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft :"Proud to confirm we’ll be bringing XboxOne to 26 new markets this September "

gergroy said:
roivas2 said:
Why are they waiting so long? It's not like there's a shortage of Xbox Ones...

They have explained the delay before (something pretty much everybody in this thread seems to have forgotten).  It has been delayed in these other countries because of kinect.  They are having problems getting the voice recognition software to work in different languages, and so they needed more time to get the software working.  Instead of releasing the console with a non functional kinect device in these regions, they delayed the release.  

But the Xbox would be perfectly functional.  Pretty lame excuse to give Sony nearly a year advantage in all those markets.

Around the Network

Well all I know is there is a reason. I doubt they are waiting on a "no reason" notion. what the reason is? the world may never know.

maybe someone in the high ups lost a bet and this was the penalty. they are somewhat friendly with the other teams....unlike their fans.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

What is to be proud of?

I wonder if the delay is due to Kinect, they have to get it working well with all those languages.  Edit: Ok, someone already mentioned the same thing.

My 8th gen collection

The Xbox One has been available in most tier 2 countries for a while now, albeit at inflated grey market prices. I am a little bitter at the 10 month delay, but I really shouldn't be. September is about the time Quantum Break and possibly the new Fable are released. I might be tempted to buy one then, or wait for my birthday in October.

drkohler said:
You can best describe that list as "soft launch". A better description would be "irrelevant information".
The Metro group (Mediamarkt, Saturn, etc) has roughly 1000 shops all over mainland Europe. They have been selling XBox Ones in Switzerland an Belgium for over two months now. Pictures of XBox Ones in Croatian and Slovenian shops have been posted. I'm sure almost every Metro shop in Europe has seen stock at this time. So forget about that "..only in 13 countries" jingle. Given the short supply of PS4s in Europe, I could even imagine that XBox Ones are available (in stores) in more countries in Europe than the PS4...

Sweden has it too:

http://www.elgiganten.se/product/spel-konsoler/spelkonsol/XBOXONE500EU/xbox-one-500-gb-import

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DerNebel said:
September MS, really? You are really going to let the PS4 do its thing in those markets where the Playstation brand is already way more popular than the Xbox anyway, for 6 more months? Good luck with that...

Yeah, by then everyone will already have a 8th gen console and the 9th gen will be around the corner...

Funny...tell me, how much do you think it hurt the PS3 to launch so much later than the 360? Especially today, where multiplayer is such a big factor in gaming, it is a tremendous disadvantage to launch so late after the competition.

Does not matter. Anyone who wanted one on those countries already imported one. Those markets were handed to Sony in a platter.

Talk about a head start for the PS4. This will certainly boost XO sales but goddamn, too little too late.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Talk about a head start for the PS4. This will certainly boost XO sales but goddamn, too little too late.

This news will probably boost PS4 sales, probably quite a few that wont wait that long to go to next gen even for there prefered console. 

Xenostar said:
Areym said:

This news will probably boost PS4 sales, probably quite a few that wont wait that long to go to next gen even for there prefered console. 

You're right,It's gonna be pretty much like the 360 one year ahead of the PS3. People will simple opt the for PS4. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian