By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft :"Proud to confirm we’ll be bringing XboxOne to 26 new markets this September "

Japan? ZOMFG, Sony and Ninty D0M3D!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
whatever said:
kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:

Way too late. What a joke. I presume the will lower the price for this launch too?

PS4 is going to run train in these countries till then

stock is pretty tight these days with titanfall selling systems.  i think MS is wise to stick to 13 countries for now instead of overstretched themselves with 39 countries.

According to who?

According to his ass. Lol, X1 and "Supply constraints" don't belong anywhere in the same sentence. Those things are piled up high all over the place. 

Man I wonder why they even bother hiring VPs, financial advisors, business analysts, sale strategists etc and pay them six figures....They should just come to videogame forums... So many people with so much knowledge that know better what should be done....

kowenicki said:
People thinking these new countries wont add weekly sales are... yes, you guessed it... deluded.

Lol of course they will but by the time the Xbox one is released in these countries, no one will care. The PS4 will have been out nearly a year in these countries what is the incentive to go for a more expensive and less powerfull console that is a year late?

I don't know!!!! Maybe because more than 70% of the gamer user base won't have bought a new console by then???...
and looking at PS3/XBox 360 sales not only the new Gen is nowhere close to full gear but last Gen is not dead yet either...

Around the Network
AwakeandAlive said:

• Argentina
Belgium
• Chile
• Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
• Greece
• Hungary
• India
Israel
Japan
Korea
Netherlands
Norway
• Poland
• Portugal
Russia
• Saudi Arabia
• Singapore
• Slovakia
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
UAE

Source

Proud to confirm we’ll be bringing to 26 new markets this September –

Wow i didn't realise the X1 isn't available yet in so many European countries ! If Microsoft wanted to conquer the European market and catch up Sony with this gen they've already missed the boat. Moreover in this list they are many markets that despite not being huge, are still some important ones though. I think they have a lot of real gamers.

And only this september ?! This proves, if it was needed, that Microsoft wasn't ready at all with this new gen and they did what they could to not let Sony occupies the biggest markets where they focused all their efforts.

But now i really wonder why they need 6 more months. Could it be because they are changing strategy and they are going to release a new x1 without kinect integrated as the rumours says ? Anyway i don't think they can expect much sales in these markets that for most of them are already Pro-Sony and coming 1 year later with a more expensive console. This remind me much the beginnings of PS3 by the way.

Poland can't wait! It's not like anybody who wanted xbox one bought one from amazon.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Japan? ZOMFG, Sony and Ninty D0M3D!!!

Microsoft will win this generation. Just watch!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I just don't get it, its like Sony caste soul swap and reverse time together to replicate the 7th gen launch only with everything upside down. What black magic is this????

Seriously, given that the console is widely available at retail already in many of those country, the only thing I'm interested in is if MS has a strategy for Japan.

endimion said:
I don't know!!!! Maybe because more than 70% of the gamer user base won't have bought a new console by then???...
and looking at PS3/XBox 360 sales not only the new Gen is nowhere close to full gear but last Gen is not dead yet either...

and what influences late gen buyers purchase decisions?

A) low, affordable price.    0 of 1 on so far..

B) what do my friends have so i can play and trade games with them.      advantage, the guy on the market 10 months longer...

for fucks sake, it doesn't take a six figure salary to understand that being late to market has never been an advantage.   not necessarily an insurmountable disadvantage but never an advantage.   with ps4 doing as well as it's doing MS is shooting themselves in the foot on this.