By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft :"Proud to confirm we’ll be bringing XboxOne to 26 new markets this September "

I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to launch in your weakest territories almost a year after the initial launch when you're already doing not-so-great.

Around the Network

What a strange situation. Quite a lot later than I'd ever imagined.

It's one thing Sony being late in Europe with PS3 where they'd built up a lot of goodwill over two generations, since Microsoft hadn't make any inroads in that region with their previous console.

But this is a whole other level of "handing the market" to a competitor. Their dominant market where your console had finally made decent progress in the region, only to hand them a 10 month head start.

And it's not like the WiiU vs. PS4 in Japan either, where WiiU had a whole 14 months on the PS4 but barely gained any traction. The PS4 is selling in Europe and the longer MS leave it, the further and further away they'll fall.

Still, I have to assume a decision like this is only out of necessity. We'll have to see how things play out.

The big question is wherther price cut comes at the same time, or they will try to get through 2014 at the high price? It is a good time to launch, it's just 11 months late.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Better late than never

They are going to wait until they can price drop to $399, they will match ps4's price in September.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:

Way too late. What a joke. I presume the will lower the price for this launch too?

PS4 is going to run train in these countries till then

stock is pretty tight these days with titanfall selling systems.  i think MS is wise to stick to 13 countries for now instead of overstretched themselves with 39 countries.

According to who?

pezus said:

Xbox Ones have been for sale here in Iceland since December yet we are on no list. Well, it's unofficial obviously but I'm sure it's the same in many other places.

Are they very expensive? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

pezus said:

Xbox Ones have been for sale here in Iceland since December yet we are on no list. Well, it's unofficial obviously but I'm sure it's the same in many other places.

Same in denmark.. the big danish online stores has been selling it from start.. (importet from uk and germany mostly)

Now if Titanfall doesn't move consoles, Xbox fans will be able to say "Just wait until September!" 28 more countries, that will be like a 200% boost I bet. ;p

My 8th gen collection

It is things like this that assure me Sony has no secret sauce. Their position with PS4 is only because of how spectacularly their competitors simply don't even bother to show up to the game.