By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes getting a 73 on Meta.

Better than expected imo.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Not bad for a very expensive demo.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well that's what i expected, most of the reviews only focused their judgment on the fact it is a (big) commercial demo and wanted to sanction this policy. But the technical aspect and the gameplay looks great, so i'm really looking forward to see the final version of MGS5 with GZ and TPP in bundle. 

I find myself torn by two apparently contradictory feelings. Because i don't want this games in kit policy, i always hated the concept of DLC and anything that make developers sell their games into several pieces. But either you complain about all the abuses or you don't complain at all. 

The way i see it, it's not that much worse than the DLC concept. I assume if the price were lower it wouldn't have been so negative all around the web, but that said there are a lot of DLC that don't give you much more in terms of value for money. DLC that are often already prepared and sometimes even already ready before the game's release, which is even less honnest that this commercial demo for me. 

Not to mention that people spend a lot of money just to buy some skins, new maps or vehicles in their games. I don't think there is any worse value money in the entire galaxy than 5-10£ for 3 new maps or some new guns or whatever !  

So i've mixed feelings about this, i like MGS and don't want to act like a fan boy and to defend a policy that i dislike. And on the other hand seeing all this hate for this game makes me think that it's a bit unfair.

Length, I don't have a problem with. Price, I don't have a problem with. So what score do you think the game would get with those two factors taken out?

74 seems good to me. The game cant be bad at all with that average

If you really love the series, go for it and ignore the reviews.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Eurogamer, the guys that gave Uncharted 3 an 8 because it was "too cinematic", and the ones that gave Gears of War 3 an 8 because it was "not very cinematic".

And they gave Metal Gear Solid 4 an 8 for having an epilogue that is "an entire film in its own right, and a deeply boring one, too".

the game is lucky to even get that score. For teh price you pay in relation to the length of it,, the game in itself should only get 1 out of 10.. Thats because no consumer should be ripoff especially when the main campaign is less then a n hour. Collecting collectibles is not what you call good gaming. Mobile phones do the same but they at least cost 1 buck or is free which this MGS should have been in the first place. Good to point out that all reviews that give ita good score fail to talk about the price you pay for a short content. Forgetting to mention it shows how much bias the reviews are.

It has a 77 on Xbox One

jlmurph2 said:
It has a 77 on Xbox One

It needs more reviews. 

ishiki said:

It's probably good. or atleast as good as MGS4 (which I thought was easily the worst MGS, but still had good gameplay, when it was there).

They should have just bundled it with Castlevania or some other Konami game. Like they did with Zone of the enders and MGS2. Or DQVIII with FFXII.

It would boost the sales of Castlevania, while not coming off as a money grab with bad publicity.

That's a great idea. I can't believe Kojima thought this was a good idea. He even had it at $40 before he cut the price down. I would have loved to have GZ indcluded with Castlevania.