By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes getting a 73 on Meta.

I'm glad they are not giving this good reviews. The amount of content in relation to the price it is being offered is ridiculous and should not be encouraged.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network

If the game was around $15, it would probably have done better. As it is, no one should have to pay $30-40 for what accounts to a demo. I expect MGS5 to do much better.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I just realize this, I didn't know they review demos too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The reviews have nothing to do with the quality and everything to do with the price. I'm not concerned about how TPP will turn out anymore.

I expected worse. If they're smart, they offer the game with PS+ within 3 months or drop the digital price.

Around the Network

Kinda expected, Not even I as a huge mgs fan I would buy it at that price, good or not.

Should price really factor into judging the quality of a game? If a ten game is raised 20 bucks its still a ten game.

Captain_Tom said:
Djoeru said:

Well that's what i expected, most of the reviews only focused their judgment on the fact it is a (big) commercial demo and wanted to sanction this policy. But the technical aspect and the gameplay looks great, so i'm really looking forward to see the final version of MGS5 with GZ and TPP in bundle. 

I find myself torn by two apparently contradictory feelings. Because i don't want this games in kit policy, i always hated the concept of DLC and anything that make developers sell their games into several pieces. But either you complain about all the abuses or you don't complain at all. 

The way i see it, it's not that much worse than the DLC concept. I assume if the price were lower it wouldn't have been so negative all around the web, but that said there are a lot of DLC that don't give you much more in terms of value for money. DLC that are often already prepared and sometimes even already ready before the game's release, which is even less honnest that this commercial demo for me. 

Not to mention that people spend a lot of money just to buy some skins, new maps or vehicles in their games. I don't think there is any worse value money in the entire galaxy than 5-10£ for 3 new maps or some new guns or whatever !  

So i've mixed feelings about this, i like MGS and don't want to act like a fan boy and to defend a policy that i dislike. And on the other hand seeing all this hate for this game makes me think that it's a bit unfair.

Keep in mind each one of those maps is bigger than the size of MGS:GZ...

Actually after i posted this, i did watch a live session on a web site where they were playing GZ and i've to admit it is less big and shorter than what i thought. Since the missions and items collection quest are very superficial.

But i already said it's too expensive for what it is, now i think it even more. It just doesn't change the fact that millions of people buy DLC and useless items every days and find it normal, so i fail to see why GZ and Kojima is the devil now. Sometimes DLC are part of the games that were finally left on side on purpose to sell it later to make more money. Same shit different taste xD

poklane said:
I expected worse. If they're smart, they offer the game with PS+ within 3 months or drop the digital price.

I fully expect it to be on PS+.

Kind of a high score, considering you could get 5 hours out of it for $20-$40. I could get 20 hours out of Bioshock for $60 but it was also very fun. Have not tried this game yet to judge.