By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After 9 years, Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 finally announced for...

Tagged games:

While i would prefer a PC release, I am definitely going to get it still*

*Unless it is on an Apple device only.

EDIT: clicked the link.

Around the Network

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

This seems like a unpopular opinion, but I always prefered by far Zoo Tycoon over Rollercoaster Tycoon.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

What's wrong with all of you? So out of touch with the modern world.

cycycychris said:
This is from Atari's twitter account.

"RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release this year!"

take that as you want by what he means from PC experience. I just hope that's not suggesting a Facebook game. Hopefully a true version of the game.

I don't think that's going to be how it works. The game is clearly meant to be F2P and only a Facebook version seems likely. It might even be worse considering how it is a PC 'experience', which doesn't have to be a version of the game at all.

Around the Network

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

its gonna be 3 bucks with consumable IAP... I think it will be ok and that the consumable IAP are only boosts like in tiny tower..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
its gonna be 3 bucks with consumable IAP... I think it will be ok and that the consumable IAP are only boosts like in tiny tower..

Is this a fact or not?

Squeezol said:
NiKKoM said:

Is this a fact or not?

well 2.99 but can you forgive me for the 1 cent

RollerCoaster Tycoon on mobile will launch for $2.99 and will feature 20 pre-designed coasters and a host of new attractions to build out your theme park. You'll be able to share your park with others as well as visit your friends' parks and exchange coaster blueprints.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/03/18/rollercoaster-tycoon-4-mobile-announced/

there will also be a PC experience later this year:

https://twitter.com/atari
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release this year!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Squeezol said:
NiKKoM said:

Is this a fact or not?

well 2.99 but can you forgive me for the 1 cent

RollerCoaster Tycoon on mobile will launch for $2.99 and will feature 20 pre-designed coasters and a host of new attractions to build out your theme park. You'll be able to share your park with others as well as visit your friends' parks and exchange coaster blueprints.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/03/18/rollercoaster-tycoon-4-mobile-announced/

there will also be a PC experience later this year:

https://twitter.com/atari
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release this year!

Thanks. Maybe the fact that it costs money is a good thing: perhaps it won't be too bad microtransaction-wise. I guess an actual PC port could be possible but the graphics seem too kiddy for a serious attempt and still likely fit Facebook more rather than a whole PC game. Or experience. Whatever they mean with that vague statement..